Hi Guys

I have always considered myself lucky with photography equipment. I hear everybody has back and front focus problems with lenses, problems with contacts, and other various problems, but touch wood I only read about these problems. I have travelled many "once off" places (Mt Everest base camp for example) with only one body.

Well it has finally happened to me. I travel with the old canon 5D due to not wanting to bring one of my newer bodies on holidays with me due to theft / damage issues etc.

Today whilst photographing my wife the mirror dislodged on my 5D body. I have considered going down and buying some superglue but I have heard this is a no no around sensitive camera equipment due to the fumes it emits when drying. Guess I will have to make use with my iphone until I am back in Aus and send off to canon for the fix.

Lucky I am in my last days here and not starting the first day. Might think about a smaller back up in future trips. It is so hard to settle on the perfect photography kit (enough equipment to capture the event, but not weigh you down so as to leave behind in the hotel room).