User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Camera Clubs/Meets in Adelaide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera Clubs/Meets in Adelaide

Would love to join up with other people in Adelaide for photo shoots. I'm probably more intermediate than beginner. Are there any groups that people could recommend? I live in the West.
    My gear: Canon 450D, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS, Canon 430EX II. My Flickr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbat View Post
    Would love to join up with other people in Adelaide for photo shoots. I'm probably more intermediate than beginner. Are there any groups that people could recommend? I live in the West.
    The members here that live in Adelaide/SA have several meets each year. So stick around on the site, join in and keep an eye on the SA meets forum, there have been quite a few since you joined in 2010, and there will no doubt be a meet coming up, or you could start a thread and be the organiser of the next one.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, I will attempt to keep an eye on that thread. I have a child with special needs so I get very time poor but would like to join in more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbat View Post
    You could also try your local council. I know that a couple here in the north have small "clubs" and use them to assist with all matters council such as historical records etc.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you PeterP, I have looked there to no avail. There is a club at Port Adelaide, so will attempt to contact them.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the SA club directory... http://sapf.org.au/club-information/club-directory/
    FYI I'm a member of TTG and also a judge for the SAPF

I'm in the planning stage for an AP SA meet around the 11th November
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look forward to a SA meeting. Be nice to get the camera out after a long hiatus.
    Regards
    Kevin

Nikon D500 D7200. nikkor 200-500 f5.6, Tamron 100-400, Nikkor 70-200 f4 plus other glass.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevpride/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    This is the SA club directory... http://sapf.org.au/club-information/club-directory/
    FYI I'm a member of TTG and also a judge for the SAPF

I'm in the planning stage for an AP SA meet around the 11th November
    Thanks for the link Kym.
    Whilst snapping the Bay to Birdwood Rally recently, a very nice chap called Phil was brazen enough to introduce himself to me. I think my Canon neck strap was a winner for him. Anyway, we got to chatting for quite sometime and turns out he is a member of the TTG club which was just a matter of meters from where we both stood taking shots. He was kind enough to extend an invitation to me to pop in one night, but being a "newb", im kind of "coy" standing amongst fine chaps who have been snapping for a while.
    I will bite the bullet one day and pop in. Only way im gonna learn i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will soon be ready to emerge from my photog exile and hope to make it to a meet sometime if possible!
    Pentax K7, MZ-30 (film), ME-Super (film), Diana mini, Holga Sterographic (3D)
    Pentax FA31/1.8 Ltd, FA 50/1.4, FA 77/1.8 Ltd, DFA 100/2.8 Macro WR, DA*16-50/2.8, DA*50-135/2.8, DA 18-250, FA 100-300, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 17-35, Tamron 18-200, Photix 35mm Tilt-shift, Samyang 8mm Fisheye, Lensbaby, 2x Pentax AF 540GZ, various other bits of flash accessories + more enthusiasm than skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like there has been a few of us in photography exile, is it the change in weather which is bringing us all out? I know in my case its been a case of too much to do (non photography) and not enough time hopefully that may change soon. I am hoping to make it to the meet on the 11th I will check for the details. Thanks for organizing it Kym!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marianne and I are notoriously difficult to spot around Adelaide we're told hhehee
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoh View Post
    Marianne and I are notoriously difficult to spot around Adelaide we're told hhehee
    Bah! I have photos that say otherwise !