User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: A Question for the Audiophiles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Question for the Audiophiles

I know AP has a community of Audiophiles from a previous post displaying a sound system to annoy your neighbours' neighbours.

So, get to the point.

I blew up my AV Reciever. It was a cheap Sherwood, but has served me faithfully for nearly 10 years.
    Aparently, I tweaked 1 too many settings on my SB Xfi Titanium Sound Card and then proceeded to play some Psy Trance (at a moderate volume) while I worked in the garage. long story short, sparks flew. I think I've done the power supply. It turns on the LCD, but won't power up the amp and shuts down.

I run a HTPC which I connect via a DVI - HDMI cable Previously, I've done this direct to the TV, but these new amps all pass HDMI.
    I know there's some sort of security thingy with HDMI, a Return or something that makes it not recognise that the PC is active when you change channels to it from another device. With my old setup, this was easily fixed by either resetting the PC, or the TV.

I have a TBox and I use XBMC - Both of which have Android powered remote controls, It would be nice If I could do the same with the amp, but not nessessary.

So, the question:
    Knowing that I will be using a HTPC and assuming a budget of about $600
    What Amp/Reciever should I be looking at?

Any particulap preferences for brand etc?
    I'd been looking at a denon

http://www.videopro.com.au/p-5239-de...-receiver.aspx

or

http://www.hometheater.com/content/p...42-av-receiver
    Thoughts?
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont know if it helps but I believe the latest Yamaha amps do what you want, just dont quote me.
    Ive seen one being demo'd using both an iPhone & a Smasung (android).

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man.

I ended up getting a Denon 1713

So far it seems a very capable amp, has lovley rich sounds and does all the network stuff I want, it's just a bitch to set it up in a wifi environment. I run a wireless network to my pc and share it's internet to the amp via a network cable.

First thing is that it needs to have your whole network manually configured for the android remote to work. I still haven't gotten that to work properly, mostly because I'm too lazy and have better things to do with my time, like listen to music or take photos or play far cry 3