Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meetup Natural Bridge 21 October for dawn

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chnage of situation again!! This is getting annoying. Executor can't make it to Coffs so I am going, but I'll drive over in the morning. I plan to be ont eh hills for pre-sunup so will get to NB around 5ish Qld time (6ish my DS time). Hope I'll see somebody there. If the big yellow van is there I am there. I plan to go circle right to go to NB, then go on to the creek crossing, then come back the same way. Too many steps for me on the full circuit.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Odille

Good to hear you can make it.

I was still going. Myself and family are camping overnight at the camp ground in the meetup thread so I will do some sunst photos also.

See you at 5 am on Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

PS - you can come back to camp for breacky if you like.

David Maynard
    dm fotos
    My Flickr Link
    Nikon gear - the one with iconic branding

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am of the understanding that if the curcuit is done anticlockwise, the NB is accessible by (assisted) wheelchair. Obviously, gotta go out same way as as going in, but that wouldn't be a problem. If any participants of the AP group meet this weekend would be so kind and take note if the above is true please. I'm keen for a confirmation and a trip there myself in near future. Thanks in advance

Ray
    Last edited by aussieray; 19-10-2012 at 7:42pm.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieray View Post
    I am of the understanding that if the curcuit is done anticlockwise, the NB is accessible by (assisted) wheelchair. Obviously, gotta go out same way as as going in, but that wouldn't be a problem. If any participants of the AP group meet this weekend would be so kind and take note if the above is true please. I'm keen for a confirmation and a trip there myself in near future. Thanks in advance

Ray
    From memory there are some steps, Ray, but I'l check for you. I use a trolley to transport my camera gear - due to my crook anklles - so I do notice steps. I am sure there are at least a flight of 3-5 on the last corner before you go down the cave under NB. Mind you, they are all lowish steps and the path is asphalted so you could probably negotiate a wheel chair if you were careful but you'd need a person to handle the back of the chair, so to speak. A wheelchair bound person couldn't so it alone, I am sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may make the trek out yet.
    Bugger the wife. She can sleep in and study without me!

Unfortunately its a 1.5 hour drive from here and my car lights are crap.

If it wasnt for my big heavy panohead tripod, id ride the bike out.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray - I photographed the circuit map. The track is asphalt as I said earlier, steps are clearly shown. They are not too awful, if you had a strong helper I think it would be possible. The 2 red lines indicate a little hard packed dirt track that lets you skip a couple of long flights. This subtrack has 2 steps at one end and 3 at the other end.

The trip might be a bit jolty for the wheel chair bound person but provided they were prepared for it and maybe add some extra padding for the trip should be OK. Note the roadway from the car park to the start of the track (100m?) is very rough and potholey.

I wondered if one of those chairs with the fatter tyres might be better?

If you want to show them the top of the bridge with the 'hole' take that offshoot dead end track to the left as you go down, has a nice viewing platform at the bottom.

_I7U8076.jpg
    Last edited by Analog6; 21-10-2012 at 4:40pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Ray - I photographed the circuit map. The track is asphalt as I said earlier, steps are clearly shown. They are not too awful, if you had a strong helper I think it would be possible. The 2 red lines indicate a little hard packed dirt track that lets you skip a couple of long flights. This subtrack has 2 steps at one end and 3 at the other end.

The trip might be a bit jolty for the wheel chair bound person but provided they were prepared for it and maybe add some extra padding for the trip should be OK. Note the roadway from the car park to the start of the track (100m?) is very rough and potholey.

I wondered if one of those chairs with the fatter tyres might be better?

If you want to show them the top of the bridge with the 'hole' take that offshoot dead end track to the left as you go down, has a nice viewing platform at the bottom.
    Thanks very much for taking the time to take the photo, and provide all this information to me. Looks as though there are enough stairs to prevent me from visiting. Bummer

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found iout that you can camp at that roadside picnic/rest area, about 2 kms north of NB turnoff, but for one night only. However, extra facilities notwithstanding, the camping place David found by the river is far nicer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12