User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: How fast a CF card can my 1Ds ii handle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How fast a CF card can my 1Ds ii handle?

I'm currently using 133x CF cards, and I was wondering, how fast a card can I use before the speed of the card is no longer the limiting factor in my writing speed?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone else wants to know... this is what Canon said:

The EOS 1Ds II was released in November 2004. Back then the cameras were not designed to use fast cards like nowadays where you can use UDMA cards. UDMA cards at first had speeds of 45 MB/sec, nowadays we have UDMA 6 and UDMA 7, eg. UDMA 6 transfer speed is 90 MB/sec.

The EOS 1Ds MK III which was released after the EOS 1Ds MK II and it was the first Canon camera to take UDMA cards. In summary, my advice is to keep using cards like the one you are using, stay away from UDMA CF cards. No point buying a fast card and then the camera cannot cope with the speed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was going to say, you are limited by the speed the camera can transfer data, and that it might be found in a tech sheet from Canon. Glad you found it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography