Hi everyone
some of you already know I had a wine incident with my 8 month old laptop about 3 weeks ago. I am now in the throws of deciding on a new one.

After much indecision Ive decided not to go the Mac road and have come up with two laptops that I think could be suitable for my needs.

Mostly the laptop will be for email, shopping, facebook among other girly pursuits however I also want to be able to accurately and efficiently edit photos when I am away for longer periods.

My dead laptop was a super light weight i7 ASUS. It was the model that came out just before all the Ultra books came out so was essentially an utra book style laptop. My biggest frustrations with it were the size of the screen....13 inch was too small and the quality of the screen was poor...even after calibrating it, it did not perform. It was wishy washy and not crisp.

I don't actually travel with my lap top very often so an ultrabook style is not really necessary.

The models I have come up with are these:

ASUS 15.5 inch N56VM

1920x1080 LED Antiglare full HD Res Screen
3rd gen i73610QM~3.3gHz
2 GB NIVIDIA GeForce GT630M video card
16GB DDR3 memory
750Gb SATA HDDe
Bang and Olufsen/Sonicmaster Sound with subwoofer
Built in wireless display
usb3
N wireless
Win 7 premium 64 bit
Bluray combo
2 years warranty
weight 2.8kg

OR

15.5 inch Sony Vaio S series 15
Full Hd1920x1080 LED Backlit screen with anti reflective glossy finish and IPS panel
i7 3612QM 2.10 GH with turbo boost to 3.10 GHz
2GB NIVIDA GeForce GT 640M Graphics
8 Gb memory upgradable to 12Gb
750Gb HDD
DVD drive (although I think there is a bluray version available)
USB 2 and 3
windows 7 professional
weight 2kg

Both of these I can get for about the same price. I don't know which way to go any advice would be appreciated. The ASUS seems to have better features but........the Sony has an IPS display!!
What do you think??

Cheers Karen