Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10

Thread: In serious need of a moderator?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In serious need of a moderator?

Or is it that he takes everything in moderation? - Especially moderation?
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/...me-alan-jones/

(Mods. If inapp. pls remove.)
    CC, Image editing OK.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and to think ########s idiots like that have influence on public opinion!!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just have to ignore the ignorant to reduce the influence. $'s are the only influence on him.
    Sony DSCR1 bridge camera; Sony Alpha SLT A57; Sony Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 lens; Sigma 10-20mm UWA lens; converted Nikon 50mm f2.0 lens; Filters: ND4,ND8,ND1000, CP; Photoshop CS6. 82.7% of statistics are made up!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Mr Jones is on speaking terms with his own father. If he was my kid, I would kick is butt so hard he would not sit down for a week. Someone needs to give him an attitude adjustment, with a fist!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the comments of the Sydney University Liberal Club president and aspiring MP's comments of first denying, and upon being told there is a recording, glossing over the issue just as amazing.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/jone...-1226484669276
    Lauri

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just glad we don't have to put up with him down 'ere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always like to recall his big moment on national talkback television whilst railing against criminals who make an income from their exploits, to then have Mark Chopper Read phone in live and remind all that 'he wasn't the one arrested in a mens toilet in England'.
    Beautiful television.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unsurprisingly disgraceful.
    It's public now, so apology is forthcoming.
    Mildly surprised News Ltd. has chosen to report this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And in his "apology" he ended up blaming the fact the he thought there shouldn't have been any reporters there. What about the political party that invited him to talk. After his previous statements (through her in the Tasman Sea in a chaff bag) why do they escape some of the blame.

Danny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just shows that there is just alot of hate in the hearts of people.

I am lucky enough to look at the facts and make my own decisions. Not listen to someone's personal opinion and repeat it verbatim as my own. If most Australians actually took the time to understand how politics works we might actually be progressive as a country
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He only apologised because he was caught out, and the apology was a left handed one, he didnt mean a word of it. I am delighted to see the advertisers pulling out of his show. And really pleased that Gillard chose not to respond. I dont care if you dont like a particular individual, attacks of that nature are inexcusable, no matter who you are. Do we think Jones will learn anything from this? No. Well... actually... he will probably just make more effort not to get caught out. What a complete a$$hole.
    Blog : PPG : Flickr
    PENTAX K-5 + various lenses; Olympus XZ-1; Fujifilm X100; Ricoh GRD3

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did he apologise, at no stage did he state he was Sorry for his comments the only thing he was sorry about was the fact that he was caught out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always found Alan Jones to be a grubby, attention-seeking sycophant and, unfortunately, negative press will not curb his behaviour. Very interesting to see the power of social media and "change.org" petitions at work and how quickly sponsors withdrew support - not that I imagine that will be permanent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that a person like Jones, who is very generous with his time to help so many people and charities is castigated for these comments so harshly, yet when the foreign minister's speech writer said that Julia is like a little crying girl because she left the G20 summit on hearing her father's death gets off scott free.

You can understand that someone like Jones, who hates the current government and Julia especially, makes a stupid remark about her at a private function which was illegally recorded, but for a member of the Labor Party, who is so close to the cabinet, making a stupid remark like he did and getting no reportage at all, makes me wonder about how our wonderful government is trying to control the press.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a shock jock! No surprise at all. Tasteless, but now we have a way over reaction by so many people.
    His rating have gone up from what I read - meh!
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I reckon he is so used to having a 5 second delay and someone able to shut him up before it gets on air, that he probably forgot that real life doesn't have a 5 second delay.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    Interesting that a person like Jones, who is very generous with his time to help so many people and charities is castigated for these comments so harshly, yet when the foreign minister's speech writer said that Julia is like a little crying girl because she left the G20 summit on hearing her father's death gets off scott free.

You can understand that someone like Jones, who hates the current government and Julia especially, makes a stupid remark about her at a private function which was illegally recorded, but for a member of the Labor Party, who is so close to the cabinet, making a stupid remark like he did and getting no reportage at all, makes me wonder about how our wonderful government is trying to control the press.
    A valid point, Benny. It shows the world is an imperfect place no matter how we look at it. I guess that the bigger the footprint you (may) impose on society, the bigger the impression you can make - be it for good or bad.
    It sounds as if that smaller voice [the foreign minister's speechwriter] mouthing off in the wilderness - and your statement is the 1st I've heard of it - is potentially as grossly inapt as (that of) the infabulous AJ.

Unfortunately, (now) two wrongs takes us only further away from anything that's right.

There are so many facets to this wider story that we can fall into the danger of being forgiving of an unforgivable instance.

(I think that'll do b4 I start raving...)
    Am(biguously).
    Last edited by ameerat42; 03-10-2012 at 10:12pm.