User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What zoom (up to 300 or so) would you choose?

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    ..... I was speaking to someone yesterday about getting the 200mm and a TC with it, and they boo-hooed the idea and said the quality of the image would be compromised.
    This is a common problem.

It's something that a devout pixel peeping lens testing junkie will say.
    Although it's a technically correct comment that they have made, it's not something to be taken as gospel!

You make your choices based on your requirements .. if you need professional level image quality, then you probably have the cash flow to achieve lens nirvana and you'll end up with a collection so large, it forces upon you an even greater problem that of the logistics of choosing the right lens for the right job.

This becomes a compounded issue that when choosing to carry the correct lens is not such an obvious decision, you subsequently have the logistics issue of how to carry all this gear so that you ensure you do have the right lens for the job.
    These people are more about pixel peeping rather than just getting the gear and going out and having fun!

The rest of us who just want something that does a job, we just purchase and use what's more convenient for us.

I think that if you decide that a 70-200/2.8 Sigma + TC is what you think you want, then this is obviously the right choice for YOU ... but obviously not something that the boo-hoo person will ever use.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this devout pixel peeping lens testing junkie (geez, I loved that!! ) is an old-school type of guy that mainly deals with film!! I would be happy with quality that I can print up to 20x16. I am not seeing totally professional gear as I certainly don't have the money for it.

I guess I have a bit of info to go on now and I have until xmas to decide. More snooping on the net for me.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Ms Monny which lens did you end up going for?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123