Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a Win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally a Win

Finally we have snagged a good deal with some of our images , You never know where the sales will come from, This one Surprised us , One of the designers working on the upcoming 2013/14 Summer range of clothing for http://www.billabong.com.au/product-cat/544/t-shirts Liked and chose three of our Images to be used on the T-Shirt range , They already have the images and are now working on them for printing , They will be after more in the future from us , As a bonus we get the full set of Tee's each For promotion, And yes we did get paid , Below are the three shots that will be incorporated into the designs , Funny out of all the shots I have I would'nt have thought these would be sold at all , Ya never know

Billabong #3.jpg

Billabong #1.jpg

Billabong #2.jpg
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news William. Most people on this site know how hard you work to get your images and the strange hours in which you get them. Good to see it paying off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations William. Your efforts are justly rewarded. "the early bird catches the worm"

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats William.

Just goes to show, there's a difference between what us photographers call a nice image and what those 'muggles'es' think of as pleasant images.

I get that all the time with my pics too, where my family/friends seem to like what I think are pretty average looking images!

main thing is that you snagged a deal and hopefully it'll lead to more work/sales/exposure too!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks , We're pretty stoked , Joel and myself that is

@ Arthur, Your dead right mate , I was told to find the images, I thought they were that good I deleted the original TIF files , Thank goodness I kept the RAW files from those days , Just had to reprocess as close as I could to the ones that were on our Web Site from where they were picked
    Last edited by William; 26-09-2012 at 2:38pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations William

I'ts nice to see your dedication and hard work rewarded.

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excellent news william.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations William, as you said you never know...everybody has different point of view and you might like some of your photos and they will never be noticed...and then you take some shots without thinking of them as a potential sell and here you go!!!!good work!!!
    regards
    Maciek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good stuff Bill and congrats to you all.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think those pics look great mate. Well done on the deal.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Potentially a handy company to be picked up by.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys , We are very happy Joel also did the shoot for their latest Catalogue , Clothing range for summer 2012/13 , That is what led them to look at our images for a new line of designs , I have all the pre production designs and colours and the name of the range , But I cant show , Yet Better than trying to sell postcards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well deserved
    canon 5D mark III tamron 24-70 2.8 vc, 50mm 1.8, tamrom 70-200 2.8 vc, remote tripod
    perseverance

Rob

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats fantastic news Bill and Congratulations to you and Joel I am so happy for you both.
    All those very early mornings have been worth it

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats William and Joel!

You just need to tweak the first one, the horizon is not level..as can be checked by the water on the left (its only out a tad), but it leans down to the right.

Looking forward to seeing the mug shots with the t-shirts being worn.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll let their designers fix that Rick, They have the full res versions and enough equipment that'd blow you away , Anyway they are to be incorporated into a design so it probably does'nt matter to much, Joel told me that to do the photo shoot he just had to turn up , They have all the studio gear at the Headquarters just up the road at Burleigh Heads , For sure I'll post a mug shot of us , Will be a little while though I'm guessing , Not quite sure of the time lines they run at for production and distrbution , I'll ask Joel tomorrow
    Last edited by William; 26-09-2012 at 10:14pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Finally we have snagged a good deal with some of our images , You never know where the sales will come from, This one Surprised us , One of the designers working on the upcoming 2013/14 Summer range of clothing for http://www.billabong.com.au/product-cat/544/t-shirts Liked and chose three of our Images to be used on the T-Shirt range , They already have the images and are now working on them for printing , They will be after more in the future from us , As a bonus we get the full set of Tee's each For promotion, And yes we did get paid , Below are the three shots that will be incorporated into the designs , Funny out of all the shots I have I would'nt have thought these would be sold at all , Ya never know

Billabong #3.jpg

Billabong #1.jpg

Billabong #2.jpg
    Well done Bill all them earlier rises payed off.
    Canon5D MK III,Canon 6D,Canon 17-40 L ,Canon 24-70 MKIIL , [/COLOR],Canon 70-200MkII L ,Sigma Fisheye 15mm 2.8 ,Canon 2xMk3 Extender, 430EX11 Flash , Lee Big Stopper & Other Lee Filters.
    Manfrotto 055XPROB + 322RC2 + MBAG80P.
    Critique is allways welcome, Any help and advise will allways be appreciated.

davidwalkerphotography.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That is absolutely fantastic!!!! You have to let us know when they are in the stores, as I know I would love to have a Bill & Son tshirt! Your hard work and dedication is now starting to pay off.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    W00T!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast