User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Thank you Alex!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Alex!

I was in Canberra yesterday to check out my upcoming purchase. I walked into a very well known camera store (not sure if I can say their name). the man who served me was called ALex. He was both helpful, informative and didn't mind giving me the time to ask many questions about lenses and body combinations. He knew that I wasn't going to spend money right there and then, but yet he still took the time to answer all questions and offer advice. He can advice based on experience and didn't feel the need to push the sale of gear that was well above my needs.

I am very happy to buy camera gear from Grey Market sellers but this experience is/would be enough for me to spend more and buy through him instead.

I just wanted to share this experience with everybody. I thanked him repeatedly in the store.

Cheers
    Danny

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have over 50 posts and 30 days membership so you are most welcome to name the store.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick... was unsure so avoided doing so.

Alex works at Teds in the Canberra City Centre.

Cheers
    Danny

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post

I am very happy to buy camera gear from Grey Market sellers but this experience is/would be enough for me to spend more and buy through him instead.

Ditto!

I was in Vanbar the yesterday, and their sales people are generally very knowledgeable and usually upfront about stuff.
    They had no idea on when the camera I'm waiting for will come in, and the lens I've also been waiting for is "due any day now" .. was supposed to be in stores in a month, way back when the Photographic show was on earlier this year!(about 6 months ago)

Good folks in general, that I've found.

I went in looking for a lens that day, and came out with a bunch of other expensive items instead.
    And still none the wiser about where I can find a 34.5mm to <any other size>mm filter ring adapter!

I'm the same, I don't mind spending a few hundred dollars more(I'd say that about $200-500 is a good upper limit on most expensive items), if it means that someone is still employed at a store, and that you can go in asking crazy inane and unanswerable questions.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N