Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Make pdf file size smaller

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make pdf file size smaller

I have created a business card in Photoshop. The company wants the pdf at 600dpi so I created it as a psd at 600 dpi then converted it to pdf. The file is 3.3MB - it has to be under 2MB. How do I make it smaller? Any help much appreciated.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Memory(???) Can't you set the dpi output in Photoshop for the resulting pdf? Set it lower than the PSD's 600, or change the psd's 600 first.
    (OK, I'll go and check again.)
    Am.

Right, well in CS2 at least, you have a box called "Adobe PDF Presets" where you can select pdf quality.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 15-09-2012 at 10:08am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That worked, thanks very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seem strange to want a business card file at 600DPI, from photoshop export as a photoshop EPS then use adobe distiler to make it a PDF This gets rid of a few common errors involved with creating PDF's from photoshop and Indesign.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I owrked out how to make it smaller thanks to some help from lex Treloar over at Brisbane Photography. The trick was to (a) flatten from a tiff file, then when converting turn off Ediutign in Adobe and Quick view options. I thought the 600dpi was odd too, but it said if you had text it must be 600. I'll try it your way.

- - - Updated - - -

I owrked out how to make it smaller thanks to some help from lex Treloar over at Brisbane Photography. The trick was to (a) flatten from a tiff file, then when converting turn off Ediutign in Adobe and Quick view options. I thought the 600dpi was odd too, but it said if you had text it must be 600. I'll try it your way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it figured out,

but that seems strange to me text is fine at 300 dpi even 72 dpi in old newspapers the reason is that being a proper PDF it stays vector as soon as you flatten the file the text become bitmap and pixelly.