User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Photography Portfolio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photography Portfolio

Okay it's about time I get off my butt and put together my website. It has had a splash page for ages now, and I don't send traffic that way because of that. Basically people will only find it if they type the domain from my watermark or use my business card.

So anyway, I want to set up a blogging system and integrate it with a gallery system!

However, most of what I find just look tacky.

I love the way Smugmug, Zenfolio and Parade work. However, I would like to be able to host it on my own server.

More notably, a system that looks and works exactly like this would be AMAZING:
    http://hayleyhaines.paradepro.com/

Can anybody help guide me to finding one? Paying for the system isn't a problem. But I just don't want a month-by-month payment plan and have it hosted on their servers. Not when I have my own already!

I found one called jAlbum
    http://jalbum.net

But yeah, if anyone knows of a way I can get this:
    http://hayleyhaines.paradepro.com/

Without having it hosted by them, that would be awesome. And again, don't mind paying for the system.

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting website. Setup in 2009 and it still doesnt work properly. The home page looks good, but there is some odd overlay when you go to slideshow mode. Not something I would want to copy at all. I can only assume it was an attempt to stop copyright theft, but in practicality it is distracting, annoying and off-putting. Certainly would not get me wanting to buy from/use the photographer.

If you want to build your own, with galleries etc, check out : www.serif.com/webplus
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not email Hayley Haines? The address is on the site. (it seemed to work OK for me; the "screen" over the images only occurs if you cursor over it as far as I can tell)
    Last edited by Ian Brewster; 14-09-2012 at 9:09am.
    Sony DSCR1 bridge camera; Sony Alpha SLT A57; Sony Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 lens; Sigma 10-20mm UWA lens; converted Nikon 50mm f2.0 lens; Filters: ND4,ND8,ND1000, CP; Photoshop CS6. 82.7% of statistics are made up!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricktas I liked the way I could have heaps of photos on one page and have heaps of galleries. I didn't encounter any issues on that template.
    In any case whatever system they were using wouldn't end up being the final product I would be using because it's integrated in to their admin back ends and stuff.

After I made this post I kept searching and found a couple of other solutions based around WordPress (which had been a system I've had set up on my other mini domains for a while). Which means I can customize so much myself and hopefully achieve what it is that I have been wanting and waiting to do

Shall give it a go when I have some time! Schwing!