User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: camera bag conundrum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

camera bag conundrum

Hi recently my kit has been expanding so now I need a new bag for all my kit. Problem is I have a strong idea about what I want but am having difficulty finding it despite spending ages surfing the net!

What I am after is a bag for travelling. I need a 65-70L rucksack for my non photography gear which I could buy separately but I like the idea of being able to attach my camera/bag to it like the zip on day bags/rucksacks you can find in non photography shops. I don't know if these are available with camera sections? But it would make transporting my gear between locations much easier as we will be on the move every few days! I also want the camera bag to look discreet not scream "I have expensive cameras in here - come help yourselves!"
    And I also like camera bags which have compartments for lenses etc in the bottom of the bag with a compartment for other stuff in the top as I will be out for the day not just for a photography shoot as my photos tend to be a documentation of my travels as opposed to planned shoots! The gear it will need to carry day-to-day is 1 small-medium sized camera body with 4 lenses (all quite compact no huge telephoto lenses) a gorilla pod and several screw on filters.

So to sum up I'm after a bag which can be attached to a rucksack, looks discreet and can hold non photography items too! Anyone know of such a bag or do i need to think of an alternative?

Thank you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe one of those "sling" bags that could be at your front or swung around to the rear against the main pack? (I have been considering one of these as pure camera bag)?
    Sony DSCR1 bridge camera; Sony Alpha SLT A57; Sony Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 lens; Sigma 10-20mm UWA lens; converted Nikon 50mm f2.0 lens; Filters: ND4,ND8,ND1000, CP; Photoshop CS6. 82.7% of statistics are made up!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the suggestion but I think it would be too obvious that its a camera bag? Also I have tried these before and find them a little uncomfortable.

I have seen this one which ticks most of the boxes but ideally I would like to find something similar that fastens onto a bigger rucksack too;
    http://www.camerahouse.com.au/produc...Daypack-1.aspx

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try fstop gear. They make a full a full hiking pack integrated solution. Not cheap but they are excellent. I've got a smaller Guru for small day trips.

FWIW I normally just use some carabiners to attach pretty much any sort of shoulder bag to the D rings most packs have on the shoulder straps, works well enough.