Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

Thread: Some Kirra Beach Memories

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Kirra Beach Memories

Some miscellaneous stuff from Mongo’s visit to Kirra earlier this year. There are no serious images in this lot (all shot as Jpegs) and have posted them mainly for fun and good memories until Mongo reappears at Kirra next year.

Mongo reacquainted himself briefly with his old Nikkor 20mm AI-s manual lens which he had not used in at least 6 years but all that changed when he got his full frame camera. It will take some time to become fully conversant with this old friend but being able to use the hyerfocal distance focusing again is a welcomed treat.

kirra-1.jpg

Portrait of sunrise stalker - William. Perhaps it should be in "mug shots"
    kiira-3.jpg

Mrs Mongo photographing the delights of the late afternoon
    kirra-2.jpg

A moody , unusually coloured image of the Gold Coast in the distance
    kirra-4.jpg

There was a full moon while there. After Mongo had finished his usual baying at it for a while from his balcony (much to the disillusionment of neighbours), he thought, " There is a 400mm in his bag. Maybe he should try and be useful and attempt some quick shots of the moon". Mongo tried his own advice.
    kirra-moon.jpg
    Nikon and Pentax user

Formerly: burntofferings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the series Mongo, and No's 1, 3 and 5 are my fave's...

1. The clarity and passiveness of the shot, reflects the 'mood' of the setting sun, and the whimsical nature of the clouds... Stunning!

3. Similar to above, and Mrs. Mongo looking, longingly, into the setting sun... Lovely again!

5. The moon is, simply put, breathtakingly beautiful, clear and wanting me to get out my gear for some more lunar fun!!

Thanks for digging out your old lens; it was well worth it, for us at least!

My FLICKR pics, and my blog, AussiePomm
    Next trip: Norway and The Netherlands June '12
    -----------------
    Canon 7D + SIGMA APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful images Mongo, and its nice to meet Mrs Mongo I wont say anything about the rear end of Bill

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiepomm View Post
    Love the series Mongo, and No's 1, 3 and 5 are my fave's...

1. The clarity and passiveness of the shot, reflects the 'mood' of the setting sun, and the whimsical nature of the clouds... Stunning!

3. Similar to above, and Mrs. Mongo looking, longingly, into the setting sun... Lovely again!

5. The moon is, simply put, breathtakingly beautiful, clear and wanting me to get out my gear for some more lunar fun!!

Thanks for digging out your old lens; it was well worth it, for us at least!

big thanks Bernie for taking the time to let Mongo know what you thought of all this and in suck a delightfully enthusiastic way too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know these aren't up for critique, but they are really beautiful... Not so sure about William's "mug-shot" though!! Poor William!! Good thing he didn't have a hole in his pants or something like that!
    Better known as Erin.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Wonderful images Mongo, and its nice to meet Mrs Mongo I wont say anything about the rear end of Bill
    thanks Mary Anne and very politic of you not to comment on Bill's best profile (Mongo is dead once he reads this stuff !)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maezyra View Post
    I know these aren't up for critique, but they are really beautiful... Not so sure about William's "mug-shot" though!! Poor William!! Good thing he didn't have a hole in his pants or something like that!
    Erin.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Mongo, gorgeous memories, I can see why these are not up for critique, it looks like a special place, and that a special time was had.
    #1 an 3 for me
    Last edited by Marika; 30-07-2012 at 2:32pm.
    Nikon gal

Fotonut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We hope Mongo can run fast when William sees the Mug shots. We don't want to lose Mongo or have him suffer some unfortunate accident.
    Brian
    Aspire to Inspire before you Expire

Gear : Nikon D3100; Nikkor 18-55 mm, Nikkor 55 - 300mm, Sigma "Bigma" 50 - 500 and a heap of Enthusiasm
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/beeps44/
    http://500px.com/beeps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Dead Mongo!!, Revenge is sweet William does'nt mind a mug shot , But William feels he has been taken advantage of in this pose

Hey Mongo , All's good , Great series mate , Some good memories to hold you over for the year
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    Oh Mongo, gorgeous memories, I can see why these are not up for critique, it looks like a special place, and that a special time was had.
    #1 an 3 for me
    many thanks Marika

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beeps View Post
    We hope Mongo can run fast when William sees the Mug shots. We don't want to lose Mongo or have him suffer some unfortunate accident.
    thanks Brian and unfortunately, judging by Williams pretty much expected reply.......you are right !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Your Dead Mongo!!, Revenge is sweet William does'nt mind a mug shot , But William feels he has been taken advantage of in this pose

Hey Mongo , All's good , Great series mate , Some good memories to hold you over for the year
    Does this mean Mongo would be unwise to announce the time and place of his next entry into kirra ????

Mongo thinks you are a very good sport William and Mongo should be ashamed of himself. So , he will very happily buy you lunch and a beer to make up for it - then you can kill him
    Last edited by mongo; 30-07-2012 at 5:55pm.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apart from a few stray birds, I can't see to much eating material in these photos. So there was either a lot of pre-photo snacking, or someone was very hungry after taking these.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    ............. So there was either a lot of pre-photo snacking, or someone was very hungry after taking these.

OR both !
    thanks Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mongo, to me these have the lovely feeling of a relaxing holiday with great memories - I think it is the light and time of day, thanks for sharing them.

Photographer Extraordinaire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A beautiful series and well enjoyed Mongo. Thanks for posting these.

The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera - Anonymous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love no 1! Really like the reflections of the clouds and the detail in the clouds themselves is great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice series....I like all of them. Well done