Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning: Firefox 15 SPEED HUMP

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashc View Post
    My computer just started going slow today...

Couldn't find the problem, but eventually up popped a message I've seen before, "Adobe Flash Player 11.3 r300 has stopped working".

Ran the latest version of Microsoft scan software downloaded from Microsoft.

Last time, this was discussed here, I disabled this version flash player totally in Firefox and never had another issue with Firefox. Seems it's switched itself on again somehow, but now I've disabled it again and problem resolved.

Just have don't a Flash Player at all in Firefox again - too bad Adobe...
    Now you know why Steve Jobs hated Adobe so much and refused to put it on the iPhone

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Now you know why Steve Jobs hated Adobe so much and refused to put it on the iPhone
    While this sounds like a mighty noble effort on Job's part, isn't it up to the individual to decide what software they wish to install or use on their devices?

Didn't they(Apple) also not allow the use of Java on the iPhone?
    We have only just introduced a new booking system at work and with that came a pile of mobile devices for the drivers to use to complete their jobs.
    My understanding of the system is that it runs a Java applet, and that we can use our own mobile phones to connect and complete jobs if we wish, but most of the drivers use an iPhone and can't connect to the web based app. On an Android phone it's easy and pretty efficient to do .. BUT! ... the durable mobile scanner/PDA devices we eventually got are of the massively incapable Windows Mobile 6.5 variety and always causing issues!
    (Idiot boss didn't ask for my input, and eventually he'll end up paying for it with disconnected drivers missing vital jobs and so forth)

So while it's a noble cause to refuse to allow such a wide spread software system on your pet projects, they should understand that the device is actually the property of the owner and that the owner should have the first right of refusal.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about it a little more...

Perhaps it's a Firefox program coding issue and not Adobe Flashplayer...

Every time a new version of Flash is updated and released, does Adobe have to make it compatible with every piece of software, old or new. Perhaps it's up to the programmers of the application who choose to allow their product to integrate with other software, to have their software program totally compatible with an addon application that is seen as an necessary and essential addon part of a web browser.

Adobe software still annoys me though...
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks. Just the other day a msg came up to install V15.0.1.

I did that and the speed is back up to "normal", ie, the speed hump seems to have flattened.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrome's flash player is home grown - they don't use the Adobe one... that says a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Folks. Just the other day a msg came up to install V15.0.1.

I did that and the speed is back up to "normal", ie, the speed hump seems to have flattened.
    Am.
    Yes... mine is v 15.01. I do remember a small Firefox upgrade download I allowed to happen in the background, (I don't have auto updates on) but due to my system indicating symptoms of a hard drive failure just before I disabled Flash player again, I had forgotten about it. The upgrade must have reactivated my Flash player and the system couldn't cope for some reason...

Do you know which version of flash player you're using now...

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Control Panel it's V 11.4.402.265.
    Am.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downgrade to flash 10 -- 11 is the problem

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning: Firefox 15 SPEED HUMP

Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    While this sounds like a mighty noble effort on Job's part, isn't it up to the individual to decide what software they wish to install or use on their devices?

So while it's a noble cause to refuse to allow such a wide spread software system on your pet projects, they should understand that the device is actually the property of the owner and that the owner should have the first right of refusal.
    Yes and no. If it affects the user experience and the reliability of the device then they may feel they aren't prepared to compromise on this.

How many viruses have destroyed Microsofts reputation which can largely be attributed to users installing crap they shouldn't be on their machines. If I was a company (and given the way the US market has gone with the right of dumb people to sue) I'd be looking to protect myself against these idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Dumb question time. As per post 17, I've gone back to an early version of Flash Player. However, what would happen if I delete it from my programs. Is it needed to operate on the w.w.w.?
    I had disabled the latest version of Flash Player in Firefox 15.0.1 because it was unstable and thought I had no problems.

Photobucket and other sites are refusing to work correctly without a Flash player onboard.

So, have just downloaded Flash player v10.3.183.23 from Adobe archives. Uninstalled old version first (was version 11.) and then reinstalled v10.

Firefox and system now appears to be stable and 100% again...
    Last edited by flashc; 19-09-2012 at 2:59am. Reason: amended

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12