Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MUST SEE: International Loupe Awards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MUST SEE: International Loupe Awards

I was pretty happy with that silver, I've seen lots of very good shots not even get a bronze

It would be interesting to see some statistics
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All results are in for Marianne and me
    Happy to report 1 gold, 7 silver, 5 bronze between us with Marianne excelling!
    There has been a lot of criticism about the judges this year because of the visible feedback - I kind of thought it was light hearted at first but some have really taken the results to heart online like requesting appeals and so forth. I'm not sure you can really appeal a subjective opinion?? Just thinking about the masses of images to score for the judges gives me a headache - what an unenviable task in 2012 to have that work transparent!
    I'm looking forward to the display of the top 50 - should be some really cool images there from what I've seen floating around!
    And as per the original post by Wayne, an inspiration for 2013 in all the genres we shoot
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Dylan, and especially Marianne!!!!!! Look forward to seeing the Gold, and I'm sure some of your own in the top 50.

Opening up the transparency has certainly caused a bit of a ruccus!! I like the transparency, and people need to understand that it is always going to be subjective, just because one judge doesn't "get it" doesn't mean the judging is a waste of space, a joke or anything to cry about. It frustrates me seeing some of the comments.

For myself, well my goal was to beat last years effort (2 bronzes from 4) and try to get a silver. I achieved that (silver in open and 3 bronzes in amateur), so I'm pretty happy. Just hoping the bike shot makes the top 50, that would be the icing on the cake :-)
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed Shirl
    Now we have a baseline, we have that added extra element to work toward with our photography - if it means taking more types of shots out of our comfort zone , that'd help us in the long run anyway !

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Dylan and Marianne! I might get there one year (decade!)
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to all of you who have entered let alone won awards. I can see previous years entries on the site but can I view the current ones, or is it only after the final judging.
    Glenda

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all have our scores but placings yet to come!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the positive and negative side, look at the number of ppl that can and will call themselves 'award winning' photographers now.......!
    Commercial/Editorial/Wedding work - www.jackietranphoto.com
    Travel Photography - www.wanderingasianguy.com

Broncolor lights up my world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11th on open sport......I'm definately calling myself an international award winner ;-)

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Kiwi. There are some amazing photographs and lots of Aussies represented among the winners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    11th on open sport......I'm definately calling myself an international award winner ;-)
    You beat me into 13th, I demand a revote!!!!
    Congrats

The top 50s in all categories are worth a look, some very inspiring images, and plenty of familiar names I know from around the forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12