Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MUST SEE: International Loupe Awards

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MUST SEE: International Loupe Awards

I just received an email that these awards are now open. Entries close 13th Oct 2012

See here: http://www.loupeawards.com

Terrific Photography and Photoshop technique here. I've only gone through a few images and will be going back for more soon.

Regards,

Wayne.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, this is a well run competition with a great standard. I'll throw in a couple of images and try to beat my scores from last year!
    Last edited by Milbs1; 13-09-2012 at 12:44am. Reason: fat fingers
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must remember to do something about this myself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the votes are in. One of my dear friends from PNG was just notified she got a Bronze Award.

Did anyone enter? Any news?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I entered 6 images for the first time this year.

3 in Commercial and 3 in Weddings

I currently have 1 Silver and 2 Bronze in Commercial, and the Wedding category has not bee marked yet.

This is a very very high standard international photocomp, and you do get a lot of heavyweights from US and Europe entering high quality images, particular in the Open and Medium Format fields.

Much harder competition than AIPP APPA annual comps in my opinion.
    Commercial/Editorial/Wedding work - www.jackietranphoto.com
    Travel Photography - www.wanderingasianguy.com

Broncolor lights up my world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haven't heard anything from landscapes yet for marianne or me!
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a silver in Sport (Open, so batting with the big boys!). Really happy with the result

Loupe Awards - Cycling shadows by milbs1, on Flickr

Still waiting on amateur landscapes and illustrative results.
    I noticve there is a lot more feedback this year, and seeing all the judges scores is interesting. For the bike shot I scored a gold, 3 silvers and a bronze so quite a spread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's good to know ! I actually thought that image would do better since you won the better photography comp with it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoh View Post
    that's good to know ! I actually thought that image would do better since you won the better photography comp with it!
    BP was an amateur only comp though, so a different playing field. One of the judges commented "was this not in last years awards??? loses impact, but still lovely..." which was annoying as it wasnt the same competition.

Still waiting on the amateur entries!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbs1 View Post
    BP was an amateur only comp though, so a different playing field. One of the judges commented "was this not in last years awards??? loses impact, but still lovely..." which was annoying as it wasnt the same competition.

Still waiting on the amateur entries!!
    Only goes to show how small the internet really is hey?
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, I hope they haven't seen my entries before then ! bit odd really, I would have thought that a good picture is a good picture no matter if you've seen it before and especially if you're paying to have it judged objectively? I can understand the feedback it was a popular vote but just struggling to come to terms with proper judging giving you those words. But then again, I know there are lots of people who have been witholding sharing images they're planning on entering comps . Is this a done thing in general? Oh well, live and learn I guess!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they haven't seen my entries before then
    At least one of the judges are known to frequent this site .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but it is my understanding that we will not be judged by our countrymen, it must be someone outside of Australia.

I guess its a fair comment, I have seen a few images in this years that have been around the comps for a while and you do get a bit bored seeing the shot again and again!!

I have a different cycling shadows shot in Amateur Illustrative that I haven't had scored before, so I'll see how that one does!!

I'm just getting impatient for more feedback now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say I enter too many comps apart from on this site so it's all pretty new to me
    I think if it's an unspoken standard, then I'll just have to accept it and stash away the best ones for comp consideration !
    The feedback is what I'm looking forward to as well - I really like the idea given that in the past, I've not come across a comp with that added bonus
    Rattus ....... errrrr .....hmmmm, thanks for letting me know lol - hopefully not looking at the landscape genre :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My results with the two I submitted in the Open category, bit of a test to other awards so I didnt throw my best images in, so, that's nice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbs1 View Post
    I got a silver in Sport (Open, so batting with the big boys!). Really happy with the result

SNIP

Still waiting on amateur landscapes and illustrative results.
    I noticve there is a lot more feedback this year, and seeing all the judges scores is interesting. For the bike shot I scored a gold, 3 silvers and a bronze so quite a spread!
    I thought I had seen this shot before - nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by dtoh View Post
    hmm, I hope they haven't seen my entries before then ! bit odd really, I would have thought that a good picture is a good picture no matter if you've seen it before and especially if you're paying to have it judged objectively? I can understand the feedback it was a popular vote but just struggling to come to terms with proper judging giving you those words. But then again, I know there are lots of people who have been witholding sharing images they're planning on entering comps . Is this a done thing in general? Oh well, live and learn I guess!
    I try to enter new images into each comp I go in rather than submitting the same image - I suppose I'm looking for feedback or trying to gauge how well I am doing. I entered 3 shots this year in amateur landscape so we'll see how they go.
    View my photos at MartinCanning.com

View my flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Kiwi, love the soccer shot

I also usually enter new images, but as the bike shot had done well in an amateur comp I wanted tosee how it went in the open
    I think we will see some landscape scores tonight!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was starting to think I'd not submitted right but got a bronze score for 1 image so far - just waiting on the rest
    interesting the only feedback was a crop suggestion and pretty big huge variation on the scores! (20)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    My results with the two I submitted in the Open category, bit of a test to other awards so I didnt throw my best images in, so, that's nice
    Good on you Darren

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    suprised the soccer shot didn't do better Darren? - will keep a close eye on the eventual winner in that category!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast