Thread: Remembering Neil Armstrong

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remembering Neil Armstrong

A video of the moon landing.

it is about 16 minutes long and the best way to describe it is interestingly boring!
    (at one point I thought to myself why am I sitting here and so interested in a blacked out video! ... but it comes good again)

.... up to about 13 minute mark, it's really for die hard freaks ... mildly interested folks would appreciate it more from about the 13 min mark.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats this Die hard Freaks stuff, I watched it twice. All that cutting edge technology so far far home I believe whatever we do we will never top that one. Thanks for posting.
    Waiting on a train

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be weird also, I watched it, And some others . Thanks Arthur
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard someone the other day say that Neil Armstrong was a real "down to earth" kind of a guy. I had to smirk that they didn't seem to even see the irony in that comment.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still remember sitting in the Science auditorium in school with hundreds of other guys, watching this live on then huge 21" B&W TV's.

I wonder if we'll send men to Mars in our lifetimes.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

A royal pain in the bum!
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    I.....

I wonder if we'll send men to Mars in our lifetimes.
    Was watching Q&A last night and there was a comment made(as part of a discussion as to whether space exploration is still valid and appropriate! ) .. and the comment was that Obama has pledged to get people on Mars by about 2030 .. or something like that.

Of course Mars is a whole other kettle of die hard freaks who watch moon landing videos twice when compared to the comparatively easier mission of a moon landing.
    Look at the hardware required to get a small crew off the surface of the Earth .. trying to get them down safely(to Mars) and then back up again appears to be quite a challenging proposal(given today's level of technology)

It'll be a matter of watching and waiting, and whether the US budget hasn't completely imploded before then.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    I still remember sitting in the Science auditorium in school with hundreds of other guys, watching this live on then huge 21" B&W TV's.
    Yeah, I was in primary school. Sat us all down to watch it, live. Although I found it mildly boring and wondered what the point was, I still remember it vividly. As the years rolled by the enormity of the achievement slowly dawned on me.
    FWIW, before we place someone on Mars, can we deal with the millions of displaced people on Earth?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt that I was a part of history just by being there and watching it.
    We'd be hard pressed to identify something as significant in import (to be kind) since then. What? Mobile phones? A few wars?
    I mean, that engages almost the whole of humanity in a single event. (OK, minus the deep hermits and "broadcast deniers".)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Yeah, I was in primary school. Sat us all down to watch it, live. Although I found it mildly boring and wondered what the point was, I still remember it vividly. As the years rolled by the enormity of the achievement slowly dawned on me.
    FWIW, before we place someone on Mars, can we deal with the millions of displaced people on Earth?
    Maybe we can send them all to Mars!