Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I feel the need for a meet - saturday, 11th august

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the need for a meet - saturday, 11th august

Hi All

It's been ages since we have had a Sydney Meet so I would like to propose that we have one on Saturday 11th August. I have no idea what or where so this thread is open to get some suggestions and to get your confirmation on your attendance.

Put your thinking caps on and don't be shy to enter your suggestion here.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nellie,

Sure Count me in tried to cat up last time for Vivid but by the time I got to the Observatory hill everyone was gone

Kind Regards
    Livio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think Darling Harbour have fireworks every saturday nite. We could have some dinner and some fireworks and night shots as well

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked (do your homework before you post) the fireworks are on 18 and 25 August and plenty more towards the end of the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm keen for a meet provided I am well enough by then!(have been struck down with the worst flu I have ever had. Am over it mostly but have a burst eardrum giving me grief and I seem to be able to only cope with half a days activity before I then need to sleep for rest of the day at the moment) I'll put on my thinking cap for ideas.... I have a brand new tripod and 9 stop neutral density filter that I'm desperate to try out!!
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Livio - if we have a meet this time we will make sure you are with us and not leave you behind.

Paul - Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe we can do that one later on in the year. I wouldn't be able to do the 18th and 25th as I am shooting my first wedding in Palm Cove,QLD as well as having a week's holiday. I could probably do the 18th at a pinch but I need the weekend before the wedding to make sure I am well prepared for the event - I don't want to stuff anything up.

Karen
    - Hope you get better soon. I had pneumonia earlier in the year and it took me ages to recover from it. I knew you would be interested in a meet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good, I would be interested in something like this.

As for suggestions, maybe a 'walking tour' of The Rocks. Or keep a theme of some sort like using 1/8 shutter speed only for a certain area only or something similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=NikonNellie;1051836]

Karen
    - Hope you get better soon. I had pneumonia earlier in the year and it took me ages to recover from it. I knew you would be interested in a meet. [/QUOTE
    Thanks Narelle....Today is a good day... I feel like I am getting better

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cockatoo Island Biennale may be interesting. If the art is too arty f@rty, then there are still the buidings and stuff.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we have a few more suggestions posted I will put up a poll then we can vote to see which would be the most popular. So far I like the idea of Biennale at Cockatoo Island.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've shot Biennale once already, it's absolutely fantastic but you need a full day to shoot it all, and you will need to get their first thing to capture some of the larger installations without fighting crowds (and some installations you have to get in a queue for). Just something to consider.

I'd be up for a dawn shoot somewhere - there's a low tide on the 11th so something like Long Reef or Turrimetta (which has lots of green moss growing on the rocks at the moment) might be fun.
    Alternatively somewhere on the harbour ? Or Homebush ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawn shoot sounds good.....I am itching to test out new tripod and filter!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could do a dawn shoot too. Rest of the day is a bit busy! Hope to catch up with you all.
    Ness

Nikon D7000, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 XR DiII VC , Nikkor AF-S 70-300 4.5-56 VR
    Speedlight SB700

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawn is fine for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone
    the 11th is out for me, we have a 40th party at night and the boys have their last soccer game on in the morning, so I couldn't do morning either. Have fun !!
    Nikon D90 with Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 Nikon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm macro f2.8, Sigma 10-20mm f/4 - 5.6, SB-600, Manfrotto tripod and head.
    Software: Elements 10 and Aperture.

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it will be a dawn shoot as most of us are happy to go along with Glenn's suggestion......so I won't bother with the poll. I have never done Long Reef so I would opt for that location but if the majority want to go to Turrimetta I'm fine with that as well. It makes sense to do another dawn shoot now as the sun is only going to keep on rising earlier as the year progresses.

Please post your preference for either Long Reef or Turrimetta by next Wednesday, 8th August then I can post up a meeting place and time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long Reef for me all the way!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dawn shoot is fine..I dont have a preference so i will go where ever the vote is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I don't really mind either! Both locations are beaches I have not been to so either will be good for me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no preference as I haven't done a shoot at either.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done either for a while. I have yet to do a shoot that I really like from Turrimetta so that would be my preference to give it another go.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast