Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Kicking Photobucket?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kicking Photobucket?

I decided to place this here as a (mild) tip since it is affecting a few people on this site.

If you cannot see the linked Photobucket images in threads (as I cannot 1st time opened) I found this works:

1. Copy the thread URL.
    2. Open a new browser tab.
    3. Paste and go/search/hit Enter.

and
    4. View away.

Am.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 29-08-2012 at 1:53pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it happens in a thread. easier way. Hold down the CTRL key and press F5. That 'hard reloads' the page, IE, not using cache on your computer, every element of the page display is retrieved from the AP server.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

As smooth as hessian undies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't you just set your browser to load a new copy every visit? In IE it's tools (Alt-X or the "Cog" icon), then Internet Options, Then General tab, under Browsing History is a "Settings" click that, and then select the option that says something along the lines of "check for new copies of stored pages everytime I visit a webpage" or something like that.
    It means that before loading from stored cache data, it makes sure there's nothing different about the page to the stored version.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ and for those not using IE?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't have any problems
    My 52/2011 Challenge

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

As smooth as hessian undies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless they have the "Real Player Video downloader" addon, then they WILL have problems. For some reason that addon has been giving FF a headache for ages now.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    If it happens in a thread. easier way. Hold down the CTRL key and press F5. That 'hard reloads' the page, IE, not using cache on your computer, every element of the page display is retrieved from the AP server.
    OK. Ta for that. Certainly, a simple F5 DOES NOT work

Quote Originally Posted by Ezookiel View Post
    Wouldn't you just set your browser to load a new copy every visit? In IE it's tools (Alt-X or the "Cog" icon), then Internet Options, Then General tab, under Browsing History is a "Settings" click that, and then select the option that says something along the lines of "check for new copies of stored pages everytime I visit a webpage" or something like that.
    It means that before loading from stored cache data, it makes sure there's nothing different about the page to the stored version.
    Zook. What browser are you referring to? OK, I mainly use Chrome for AP, and it has such a paucity of options you could re-spell it as "os".
    But a few times, and the latest being this morning, FFox was playing up in the same way with Photobucket references on even another forum (which I go to sometimes).

OK, now I will wait for another PB post and try out this Ctrl F5.

Ta all, Am.

Fuji Fanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If using Safari, at the right hand end of the address bar there's a 'curly arrow'. Mouse over and press, refreshes the page
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||