User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: HorusBennu 50mm f/1.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HorusBennu 50mm f/1.7

Just bought this one: cheap and cheerful on ebay for $54 with free shipping and a free UV filter. It arrived just in time for the weather to turn nasty so my first shots are not really particularly exciting. Hoping to get out today if theres a bit of sun.

Horusbennu2 by kyte50, on Flickr
    Blog : PPG : Flickr
    PENTAX K-5 + various lenses; Olympus XZ-1; Fujifilm X100; Ricoh GRD3

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope you are happy with the lens, we cannot critique your photo, cause it's not in the critique forums
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty good as reduced for the web. Can't see your EXIF though, and I'd advance the proposition that your choice of aperture makes more difference to IQ than your choice of lens (discuss).

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Hope you are happy with the lens, we cannot critique your photo, cause it's not in the critique forums
    So far so good, Rick. Wasn't looking for crit, it was just a sample from the lens is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Looks pretty good as reduced for the web. Can't see your EXIF though, and I'd advance the proposition that your choice of aperture makes more difference to IQ than your choice of lens (discuss).
    Of course, it just didn't occur to me that because the lens is fully manual, the EXIF data would be sadly lacking. And I didn't take notes, like I used to, with my old Minolta which was fully manual film cam... oops.

I *think* I probably chose a "safe" aperture... likely 5.6 or 8 for this one.