User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Photo Opportunities - Nth Island of NZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo Opportunities - Nth Island of NZ

In 27 days the Mrs and I are heading to the North Island of New Zealand for a two week holiday - basically we are doing a clock wise drive around the island.

I was just wondering if anyone would mind sharing some great locations to do some photography so I can plan them into our intinerary.

Thanks.

Karl
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Canon G12 in a Recsea housing with twin YS110 Alpha strobes
    Canon 7D with Sigma 18 - 250mm & 170 - 500mm lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everywhere! Are you doing the center ie. Taupo, Rotorua or just around the outside of the NI? A must do is go to Whakatane and take the boat or helicopter over to White Island - an active volcano that is well worth visiting. Coromandel area is beautiful, Whitianga - Cathedral Cove area, Hot water beach. Tauranga go to Mount Maunganui (The Mount) and climb to the top, great views & great beach. Wellington west coast drive north is scenic. Check out Te Papa at Wellington - National Museum (free entry) also wander around the water front at Wellington - also take the cable car up to the top - great views esp at sunset. Basically anywhere you drive there will be great photo opportunities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest you drive down the East coast. Look at all the side roads leading down to the old ports.
    Alive and still clicking - apologies to PSQ.
    Living and working in the Roaring Forties
    Assorted cameras of all sizes and shapes including Pentax K (the original), MX, Z1,K20D; 50mm 1.2, 35mm 2.0, 85mm 1.8