User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Hosier Lane Graffiti Aug 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hosier Lane Graffiti Aug 2012

The Graffiti in Hosier Lane has been really good and artistic when I looked in the past,
    but I went for a walk around Melbourne CBD tonight went to Hosier lane where Graffiti
    is allowed and it was not as good as its been!

There is some construction in the laneway, but the better work has been tagged !!!!

I appreciate and like the artistic Graffiti and its allowed Hosier laneway, but tagging!!

It just looks crap as far as I am concerned! Someone has basically signed a wall, I don't give a
    ?#$$ about someones signature

There were some comments about not tagging the Graffiti but some people are just !!!!!!!
    Didn't work it seems
    Chris

- Constructive Feedback Appreciated

My stuff: Nikon D90: 35mm f1.8, 55-200mm f4-5.6G
    Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and a growing collection of other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree. I really like some of the creative images people do with graffiti, but can't understand why people have to be Aholes and tag over them, especially with multiples of the same tag.

Last I checked Finlay Ln still had some nice work that hadn't been tagged over

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'll give Finley Lane a look next time, not even sure I have been there before
    Last edited by chrisbevan4; 22-08-2012 at 7:23pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is so disappointing to hear....I am just about to jump on a plane this morning and fly to Melbourne and am staying right near Hosier Lane and was hoping to get some photos. I'll have to check out Finley Lane.
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was there a couple of months ago and thought it was awesome! I too did notice the tags, but I just thought it was a part of the charm/allure of the place.

You may have seen my pano of the lane in the Ausphotography newsletter?
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree here, scribble is not art. Graffiti in the right place is very artistic. Should also check Duckboard lane and ACDC lane.

This one is still there.

Or this one up duckboard lane
    Last edited by cherryw; 19-02-2013 at 12:05am.
    Regards
    Wayne
    "We are not actually lost,....... just temporarily misplaced."
    DSLR - Olympus OMD EM1, E5, E3, E1, E30 Digital lens 12-40m pro, 14-54 f2.8-3.5 II, 40-150 f3.5-4.5, 70-300 F4-5.6 ED, 9-18 ED, Olympus C-750 + TCON-17,
    Filters, Circular Polariser, Neutral Density, 2 X Battery Grip, Photoshop CS6, Focus Magic, Nik Plugin
    SLR - OM1, Ricoh XR10 Lens - 135
    My photos - http://www.pbase.com/cherryw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow. gotta check out these streets one of these days. I haven't really roamed the laneways of Melbourne much to be honest! That acdc lane one is quite.. amazing!
    Olympus E-30

Lenses:
    9-18mm f4-5.6
    14-54mm f2.8-3.5
    35mm f3.5
    70-300mm f4.0-5.6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GAH! I HATE TAGGING!

Big colourful artwork tags I'm ok with, as they're colourful and (in my personal opinion) have artistic merit. But simple tags, I find them unappealing and messy. Especially when done over the top of somebody elses artwork or in any other place!

A couple of years ago I took one of my old cars in to Hosier lane for photos. We were lucky at the time it was basically empty! Only a few people wondering through (who also took it upon them to photograph my car there too LOL).

I really like that lane way!

I was in Melbourne a month ago picking up my new car and drove by to go back there, but there was construction going on and big crowds of people

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The joker above has now been replaced, such a pity but that is graffiti for you. Wished it had have been something decent though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might also like to check out Rone's handiwork around Melbourne. He does the large female faces, largely around the CBD and inner city areas.

The attached image is from Collingwood - just across the road from Camera Clinic in Easey Street.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but I cannot see any image