Thread: New option for 100mm filter holder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New option for 100mm filter holder

New to me but others might have already seen it but Hitech are now making a newer version of their 100mm filter holder. This one is aluminium and I've seen some reviews saying it's pretty on par with the LEE system.

I've ordered one from the UK so I will see how it is but I got the holder plus 2 wide angle adapters (77 & 82mm) for less than $150 shipped. So if you've been shopping around for a system this now complicates the process.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like the have just copied lee's system which i have no issue with. i love the idea of a accessory ring on the front whetever you use a CPL or UV to protect your other more important filters underneath its a good idea. may be time for an upgrade let us know what you think of it build quality wise.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the holder today and the build quality seems great for both the holder and the lens adapters. Only thing so far is the 77mm WA adapter won't fit on my 70-200 2.8 IS II, it fits if you've got a normal screw in filter on the front as well but that isn't great, so I guess the standard 77mm would be best for that lens...

Will do some test shots etc... over the weekend hopefully with it to see how it performs with the 16-35 and 24-105.