Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Formerly user: Arzuhl
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 5d MKIII and Lightroom.

Hey guys.
    Even thought I said I would stick with my 5D MKII after looking closely at the MKIII, particularly the greater field of view and clarity of the viewfinder of the MKIII and my ageing eyesight as in Portrait mode the readout in the viewfinder seems to disappear and i have to use the back LCD, then its on with the glasses and in bright sunlight that is a real pain, after checking a friends MKIII I don;t have that problem so it looks like i may be making the jump to a MKIII. Obviously all the other improvements are a large added bonus also
    What Im curious about is that I have been reading that the new MKIII is not compatible with Lightroom, I understand LR3 not working but what about LR4? Has Adobe fixed the issue of importing Raw files into LR4 now or are people still using a workaround?
    Info on the net seems to be out of date or full of contradictions so i thought I'd ask those of you with a MKIII how you are going with this issue.
    Cheers for any help.
    Cameras: Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D gripped.
    Lenses: 24mmmm f1.4 L, 24-105mm f4 L, 50mm f1.2 L, 85mm f1.2 II L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS II
    Flash: Canon 600 EX RT.
    Tripod: Manfrotto 190CX Pro3, Manfrotto Automatic Monopod, Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head.
    Bank Manager: Unhappy.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Graham, I have a 5D3 and am using LR4.1 with no issues at all. Everything works perfectly, no work-around needed.

I believe LR4.0 didn't support the 5D3 but the 4.1 update added support. Refer here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...available.html
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Formerly user: Arzuhl
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the reply, that is fantastic news, so i suppose its off to the Bank Manager to grovel for more money for theMKIII!!!!!
    Many thanks again.
    Cheers.