Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Large hair/fibre in reasonably new Nikon 24-70 2.8 lens

Hi all,

I know dust is a normal fact of life, however I don't think this is particularly normal, especially for a 4 week old lens..

I purchased a Nikon 24-70 2.8 about a month ago.. been using it quite a bit down the beach and around other places. Was doing a clean this evening and happened to notice a bloody big strand of fibre inside the lens.

It is not on the focusing elements, rather on the zooming elements. I have no idea how such a large piece of debris could get inside..

I'm pretty sure Nikon will say it's not covered by warranty since it's just "normal wear and tear" and I'd imagine the cost of stripping down the lens to be extremely expensive..I haven't done any test shots and quite frankly I don't think I really want to..

Any suggestions? For what it's worth, it was purchased through JB Hifi, however it's not a grey import, has the Nikon Aus warranty card and whatnot. There's probably bugger all that can be done and I should just forget about and get back to shooting... easier said than done though..

All help much appreciated.

Last edited by Sifor; 13-08-2012 at 12:12am.
    Cheers, Troy

D800; AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G; AF-S 50mm 1.8G; SB-910; || 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM 'S'; APO Teleconverter 2x DG || Phantom 2; H32D Gimbal; 5.8Ghz FPV LCD GS