Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: My computer :(

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My computer :(

well i gess its my turn my computer has stuffed up and wont turn on so now i have to wait for a windows cd to re install it wich means i have lost hundreds on photos and some i wanted to get printed on canvis but i didnt back up and considering i have cert II in IT and im doing cert III i should back up everything but i didnt im currently on my sisters laptop wich dosnt have any pp softwear and i dont think it can run it cause it is old so i wont be posting any photos till i get it fix or if i have spear time at TAFE on a Wednesday or Thursday so rember people BACK UP your files i lurnt the hard way

alot of spelling mistakes but im tired lol
    Jimmy!!!
    Nikon D3400 18-55mm kit lens AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f4-5.6G ED VR 2 tri-pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because it won't turn on doesn't mean you have lost your photos. Boot of a Live CD like Ubuntu and see if you can still see your files.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban Altonian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had computers die on me too. If it powers up then the power supply will be ok. If you can take the hard drive out of the computer and put it in an external enclosure youll be able to plug it into the laptop and use a file recovery program if the hard drive isnt completely dead. Ive recovered a bunch of family photos for a friend from a corrupted hard drive using the above method. Just dont format the drive if you want to try and put a new windows on it.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so it say the problem is "unmountable_boot_volume" i cant even get it into safe mode

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that error is generally BIOS or cable related. Try removing the HDD and putting it in an external HDD case and connecting it to another PC using USB. You might just be able to get the files back.

Try searching google for unmountable_boot_volume, cause their is lots of info on this.

DO NOT format the HDD...yet
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography