2 18.18%

Thread: Smart cameras .. or what?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are photos on the net that purport to be a camera that the iPhone can dock into, and then the phone become the back LCD for the new combined camera. How real these photos are, is not yet known, but Apple could be onto something here.

It is being referred to as the iCam : http://www.petapixel.com/2011/11/28/...ne-for-brains/

I think a third party (Android is google owned) software package could be good or bad. At present we see the camera companies designing their own menu systems and features, which has seen the camera improve in a heap of varied ways as one company brings out something different, and then the others follow along if the feature is good. We have multiple developers in Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax etc. If they went to a third party OS, then whilst this OS allows apps, I wonder if the actually development by the camera companies would go by the way-side and we would lose the uniqueness that exists now.

Though all cameras using the same OS would mean we could swap brands and use another brand without having to hunt the menu for how to change ISO etc, as it should be standardised.

So my thoughts. I am going to sit on the fence on this one. I voted Ugly cause it could be either good or bad, or neither good or bad
    Last edited by ricktas; 10-08-2012 at 7:24am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography