Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Photoholic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D7000 or 70-300 VR focus problem

I thought I would post up a couple of pics of an issue that I discovered with my 70-300VR , I've always been a bit suss on this lens since I've bought it and it wasn't until I stuck it on the front of my brand new D7000 that I realised it had a focus issue which seemed to be there right through the aperture range , well from 4.5 up to 11 that I tested anyway , I've been hesitant to use to Autofocus fine tune up till now but have been a bit stunned with the results of a little tweaking , It may well be that I have become much more attuned to whether a focus point is pin sharp too , both shots are straight out of the camera , RAW cropped to 50% and converted to JPEG , the first one is how the focus point was initially and the second is with -10 Fine tune applied , there is a big difference , I also tried the same test with my 24-70 and 70-200 VR11 but found no issues that I could see , the focus point in both shots is the middle E in Amberley , have others found this tn__DSC0172.jpgtn__DSC0183.jpg
    Is that what is called Back Focusing ?
    Last edited by Goatch; 07-08-2012 at 2:23pm.
    Does a one legged duck swim in an eliptic circle