I was interested to see the new Web module in Lightroom 4 and decided to try it out on the shots I had from a 2 month trip I did to Chile in 2006. It seemed a good chance to start learning the new controls in Lr4 as well, so I decided to process them all from scratch.

One of the things that really surprised me about these images, which I shot RAW and have played with many times over the years, was just how much better they get with advances in processing, both in terms of my skills and improvements in software.

The other thing that really surprises me about them is how good they are in terms of sharpness and detail given that they were shot with a Canon S60, which sported a tiny 5MP sensor. I use a 5DMk11 now and have a bag full of L series lenses and, whilst the differences in image quality are obvious to me, I am coming to accept that the law of diminishing returns is hard at work here - I've printed some of the best of these images at A3+ size and knowledgable people struggle to pick them from later work done with much better gear.

I chose a SimpleViewer theme and tweaked it a bit after export, adding some captions. It does require Flash unfortunately, but I couldn't find anything that protected the images from downloading that didn't require it.

I posted it in the Not For Critique forum because I couldn't find another place it obviously fitted, though I'm very happy to hear any comments or suggestions at all.

You can start the show here.