Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  31
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 sucks

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your year so far Mudman, unfortunatley as we get older more thinggs seem to go wrong. As you mentioned it could be worse so stay positive and look to the future (with both eyes on the road)
    Last edited by Wayne63; 06-08-2012 at 10:44am. Reason: Spelling
    Regards
    Wayne

CC Always welcome as its a great way of Learning

Go the Rabbitohs
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Wayne63 for your interest and comments.
    i am driving with both eyes on the road now, it's the blur that makes things interesting
    cheers
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Steve

Is that the same blur I get when I finish off last night's red wine on my morning cereal???

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Go the Rabbitohs
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could be Phil, but i think your choice of breakfast ingredients and flavours leave a lot to be desired or you have a very strong stomach

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mongo is sure it is not 2012 that sucks as much as it is temporary ill health that sucks. Hopefully, it is a temporary period of transition back to being reasonably well again and Mongo knows it will require some tough personal effort, strength and sacrifice to achieve that. It always seems so daunting when you start thinking it's all coming at once at you. Unfortunately Mongo has been there many times. Whilst what is happening is real, there is also a lot of perception in that reality. As you work through these things, and as part of what might help you work through them, do not forget to see and enjoy the other goods things happening in 2012 around you because they will be there as they have in the past and likely will be in the future. It would be a "double suck" (if there is such a thing) if you were to go through your current challenges and miss out on the good things going on too.

very best wishes from Mongo
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've struggled with crap eyesight since I was in my early teens (Kerataconus), so can really relate to the not being able to see through the viewfinder thing.
    I'm 46 but I need new glasses so often, that I end up with regular checkups just from that alone, so hopefully they'll get it early if it happens to me.
    Hope things in 2013 ... pardon the pun ... are looking up for you. You won't know yourself once they're done. Probably give you an even greater renewed love for photography if you can see better.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope things look up soon, sounds like everything is at least diagnosed and getting sorted
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of all your troubles, Mudman. There is nothing good about growing old.

Just be aware of the latest findings with regards to prostate cancer from the US and now agreed by the Australian Medical Association and that is that it is generally worse to get your prostate removed as the survival rate is no better (and possibly worse) and your quality of life is way worse. The school of thought now is, unless it is absolutaly life threatening, they should not remove the prostate. I sincerely urge you to do some research and talk to your doctors with regards this.

The other things to remember, the rule of thumb is that, at 70 years of age you have a 70% chance of having prostate cancer and at 80 years of age an 80% chance of having prostate cancer and that just about all men die with it, not of it.

Go the Rabbitohs
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your support Mongo, Lance, Ezookiel and Kiwi. i appreciate it.
    i am sure the new lens in my left eye will make a world of difference to my vision. althouh for the price i could get a 50mm 1.4, and a decent flash unit with change. it was a toss up
    Lance, the treatment i had for the prostate was the insertion of small irradiated titanium balls, they call them seeds as they are about the size of a grain of rice. it's called brachytherapy ant the seeds have a half life of 2 months. they also use this treatment on early stage breast cancer.
    cheers all, and onward and upward

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I'm late to this thread Mudman, I didn't read it until now. There is another way to view 2012 in that this is the year your "weeing and seeing" got fixed. Wishing you the best for a quick and full recovery. Both these issues are treatable when found early enough and that seems the case here and a sense of humour always helps. Thanks for thinking of others as well.

Go the Rabbitohs
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your post Alie.
    i like your description for 2012, gave me a giggle (not quite enough to wet myself though) .
    the big issue for me is that i give up control of my well being to strangers, just the same as getting on an aeroplane. you hope they know what they are doing.
    i know the odds are on my side, but there is that risk.
    cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12