Thread: Poor Whale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Whale

I went down this afternoon with every Tom, Dick and Harry to see the unfortunate beast that turned up in Newport pool this morning. The whale experts down at the scene said that it was a very young adult male Humpback and that it was probably sick as usually the males are first to migrate up to Qld and the whale migration is nearly over leading them to believe that this guy was poorly and therefore the reasonhe was at the back of the pack. The massive surf last night pushed him into the pool, you can see where the fence is flattened in one of the pics. The council has since removed the chain in the hope he will wash out on tonights high tide. Wishful thinking I say and I bags not having the job of cutting him up and taking him away!!! The smell is already quite strong! I don't usually feel sorry for waterfront dwellers but today is a rare occasion and I feel for them as the pong is pretty bad!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heard a fellow on the news say there is an up side to this, though we may see more dead whales on our coast line. There is so many more whales in the sea now, that more deaths will happen.
    Like the last two photos.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which ever way you look at it, there's good news. This "poor fellow", at least, is in a "better place".
    (Hmm! So that's what it takes.)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whale update! The high tide did indeed wash the poor creatures carcass out of the pool overnight only to deposit it on the beach!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard it has been cut up and buried.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you are correct...my girlfriend was doing yoga at the surf club and they were cutting it up right in front of the yoga group!! Not very zen but at least the whale can rest in peace now or is that pieces

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    Yes you are correct...my girlfriend was doing yoga at the surf club and they were cutting it up right in front of the yoga group!! Not very zen but at least the whale can rest in peace now or is that pieces
    Where is the <groan> smilie good play on words!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, Troy

D800; AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G; AF-S 50mm 1.8G; SB-910; || 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM 'S'; APO Teleconverter 2x DG || Phantom 2; H32D Gimbal; 5.8Ghz FPV LCD GS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should have been taken it to the Japanese embassy. They need whales for research I hear.