User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Is it my printer ink?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it my printer ink?

Hi everyone, I'm back from my holidays and keen to learn more from you guys, so I've got a problem with my pictures. They started out ok but now they are coming out looking a bit green . I have a Canon Pixma MP610 printer and I have a few inks running low (Cyan, Yellow both blacks) . Ususally when the ink runs low I don't have any issues and the printer will stop until I change it. So I was just wondering if that would be the problem?

Cheers Sandy
    Cheers
    Sandy

New to photography and loving the challenge

Canon EOS 7D , EF-S 18-135mm lens, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM , EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS II, Sigma 10-20mmf4-5.6 EX , Extension tubes.
    Fujifilm finepix S9500

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is your monitor calibrated? - http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...our-Management

It could be that your screen is not calibrated so what you think is right on your screen, isn't. It could be the printer, it could be the ink, it could be the paper...you need to eliminate each thing in the process as the cause and eventually you will find what is causing it, and can then fix it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also do not think it is the lowish ink levels in your printer that is doing this. They usually print blithely away and simply halt, as you said. But another thing that comes to mind is whether there is any obvious banding or the like in the output? If so, then it may be that print heads/nozzles are not working properly and may need a clean/replacing.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's not the paper so I think I will change the inks and see how I go from there.
    Thank you