User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: training vs no training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a diploma of photoimaging at tafe, now called something else, not because I thought it was a pre requisite, but because it looks good on my portfolio. Most professionals would say don't worry about formal qualifications concentrate on business side of it.

I personally think that recognized qualifications are a part, of the "business side" of it.
    A professional photographer is a photgrapher who concentrates on marketing😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Successful People Make Adjustments - Evander Holyfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a qualification in cinematography, which covers a lot of the basic photographic principles. Being a photographer involved unlearning a lot of cinematography.
    To those who say they can just read it all on the web, sure but we are a social bunch and sitting at home on the computer is no match for being in a group of like minded individuals watching and doing.
    Togs are what my son wears to go swimming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damm send button.
    What I was trying to finish saying was go a do a workshop, best way to to learn the subtleties of the craft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self taught here and semi-regular workshop attendee to learn extra stuff. I'm not great but then I don't practice all that much.

And all the qualifications in the world can't help you if you don't have the creative vision to make the picture. You can learn the technicalities of photography but the difference between my shots and that of my husbands (who is as lateral a thinker as you can get) is extremely obvious. I go for the creative, ignore the rules and sometimes hit the mark. He goes for the technical and has very perfect but boring shots.

Sue Bryce didn't even finish high school and look what she achieved through her innate vision, sheer hard work and common sense. Love her to death.
    [- Instagram -]

Nikon Slave... (D90 & D300S)
    -- CCs extremely welcome, further editing of my photos is not. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12