Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Photo Shoot Locations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo Shoot Locations

Hi there,

I'm still quite new to all this forum stuff... so I was wondering where I could post a thread about photo shoot locations. E.g. I'm just starting out in photography and am doing a maternity photo shoot for my sister on the beach. She lives around Runnaway Bay on the Gold Coast. She has requested a beach photo shoot (not a bikini shoot) - as she doesn't want to show a lot of skin and being winter its perfect for some nice beach shots.

I was thinking somewhere around the surf side of the spit... can anyone else recommend some nice isolated beaches with some sand dunes, or rocks, etc. A friend of mine suggested snapper rocks, but being a saturday it will probably be quite busy. My sister isn't that confident lol

So if anyone could help me or even point me in the right direction as to what thread I should be in, that would be great.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cheers,
    Khia

~ Beginner ~ Canon EOS 300D ~

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have moved your thread to the QLD, State Based information forum. So that those in Queensland who know the area can respond

Hopefully we will get to see some of your photos up for critique soon. ?? Or even perhaps some critique of others photography from you?? AP is about sharing (both helping other members and getting help yourself).
    Last edited by ricktas; 30-07-2012 at 7:28am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, I wasn't sure where to post the thread.

Hopefully I get some responses.... google search is not helpful at all LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the beaches along the coast are popular, especially at weekends. You could try south of the sand pumping jetty at the spit. North of it between the jetty and the rockwall is a dog beach and is always busy but if you head south of the jetty it's a lot quieter.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Leanne

I was thinking the same thing... south of the jetty would be a better spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sand pump near the spit is nice although its a pretty populated area. Theres a nice lighthouse you can walk to there.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alternatively head south just across the border, less populated and many isolated beaches, Fingal(beach,headland) south of Kingscliff, Cassurina,Salt, Cabarita, Hastings point....
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fingal, just north of the headland would be my pick, very scenic and never appears to be too busy.