Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I feel the need for a meet - saturday, 11th august

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather forecast looking better all the time - from Weatherzone...

6am - Slight chance shower, 9°, chance of rain in 3 hour period 46%, cloud cover 55% , Wind W 29km/h (a bit windy but Westerly???), feels like 5°C, humidity 78%

Did you see the sunset tonight? Maybe something similar in the morning.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to get my internet back on after ringing my provider who took me through configuring my modem after it was reset.

I had a beautiful sunset looking out from my back verandah. I don't think the clouds or rain are going to be the problem - it will be the swell and the wind. I wish I had some sandbags for the tripod.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you all this morning. The rain didn't dampen the spirits too much. Having stood outside to watch netball I've certainly had enough of the wind today!
    Ness

Nikon D7000, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 XR DiII VC , Nikkor AF-S 70-300 4.5-56 VR
    Speedlight SB700

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you to Sunset!! I'm glad I went in the end....the weather was pretty tame compared to yesterday! I crashed after lunch and slept for 3 hours!!! After affects from the flu I've had for last three weeks I think!!
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you made it Karen - We promise we will make the next beach sunrise shoot a bit more enjoyable for you. I crashed for two hours when I got home and I will be going to bed much earlier than my usual time. Love sunrise shoots but it does zap your energy - probably your crashing was not from your flu Karen just from the change in your body clock and dealing with the elements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reading the above (Wollongong here).. wife & I went out yesterday (11th).. I think all the weather came down here... just got out the car (wind nearly ripped a door off. Got to the rocks & waited.. I was on my bum 3 times due to the wind (think the snow was coming off the mountains).
    packed it up & went home to bed, wife was drained.. think it was the weather more than anything, sunrise was..... not there.

Glad you guys were able to get some without being buffeted
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught a glimpse of Peter's and Danielle's images from yesterday's Turi shoot. Some nice shots.

It looks like you had some nice, dramatic conditions, very reminiscent of my first visit there in 2007.

I've been meaning to head to Turi this year (to capture the green moss), but getting out for a dawn shoot is a bit of a struggle at the moment, as I'm juggling a lot of things.

Hopefully I'll capture it before the green moss disappears again.

Turi is quite a safe location even in bigger seas. Definitely take advantage of it when the conditions are good.

The only problem is that the place seems busier than Pitt Street these days. :-(

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turri was good but not a lot of green moss, just enough. You would have been very wet on the North Narrabeen headland.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen this thread... Sorry I missed out this time.

My local Sydney geography isn't that great just yet, where abouts is Turrimetta?

I'm thinking I may take a short visit there myself.

Thx
    Jon

Sent using Forum Runner

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventureoverland View Post
    My local Sydney geography isn't that great just yet, where abouts is Turrimetta?
    Turimetta is just north of Narrabeen, and south of Warriewood.

Park on Peal Place, Warriwood, and walk down the stairs. A few minutes south along the beach, and you're at the spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenedis

Turimetta is just north of Narrabeen, and south of Warriewood.

Park on Peal Place, Warriwood, and walk down the stairs. A few minutes south along the beach, and you're at the spot.
    Thanks very much. I know just where Narrabeen & Warriewood are. Best bit is, only 20mins up the road

Thx
    Jon

Sent using Forum Runner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed out because it clashed with World time attack

Some beautiful images taken maybe next time
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Guys
    sorry i missed the meet. We had some wind damage at work that i had to look after.
    See you all next meet

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger missed out. Been super busy with work and around the house which I haven't had alot of time on the computer and behind the camera. Last time I got out and about was over 2 weeks ago hoping to get out again very soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234