Ok, so I received an SMS and I'm wondering if it is totally innocent or something more sinister.

I have a few things listed on Gumtree, so at first it didn't seem strange when I received an SMS stating "I tried to reach u but didnt get thru just want to know if u still hv d AD on Gumtree for sale? kindly contact me on <email>". However I did think it odd that the ID on the SMS was a name (Jenny) and not a phone number, and I can't figure out how to find the number from that SMS. No, Jenny is not in my address book. I noticed that some other SMS'es in my inbox are like that, such as messages from "NetBank" and "Optus MSG." These are known legit messages, but similarly I can't see what phone number they came from. (My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S.) Other messages from 'normal' phones including ones not in my address book do allow me to look up the phone number.

So... do you think this smells fishy, and if so how and why, or is it just me being over-suspiscious? Maybe this Jenny person just used some sort of online SMS facility??