Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Cactus Wireless Triggers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cactus Wireless Triggers

Hi Guys
    i wonder if anyone else has seen this issue with the cactus v4 triggers - its really got me confused.

I have two receivers and one transmitter, what i am finding is happening is that i have one receiver on an old sigma flash and these seems to always fire reliably no issue. The other trigger though is connected to my AF540 flash an i often am finding that the trigger is activating the flash late. That is i can see the flash fires however there is no light entering the camera - this is when the shutter speed it set anywhere between 60 and 160.

If i reduce the shutter speed to say 1/2 second then sure enough the flash light appears as expected.

At first i though that maybe it was that receiver - so i swapped them over - but no the delay remains with the pentax flash.

The flash works perfectly when attached to the camera....

so anyone have any idea cos im beat??

Adrian
    Pentax K-5iis, DA* 50-135 IF SDM | Sigma 18-125 3.5-5.6 | Sigma 70-210 4-5.6 |Sigma 28-80 3.5-5.6 Macro |Pentax-FA 28-80 3.5-4.7 |Pentax A 50 1.7 |Pentax DA 12-24 | Pentax DAL 55-300|Sigma 28-300 3.5-6.3 and other stuff

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser Film Street's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something not set correctly on the 540 by the sound of that. Is the wireless mode turned off? Use only the 540 until you sort it out before adding the sigma back in.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    funnily enough though it doesnt always happen.......i was playing last night and it was happening as described so i tried changing the channel of the cactus.....whammo was then working ok, go down there tonight and sure enough the problem was there - tried changing the channel again but nope problem remained.........its just strange and very annoying

- - - Updated - - -

found this link regarding the same issue with the Pentax flash..(hope i allowed to post the link if not please remove)

http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/forum/topic/remote-flash-triggers-16942/p-2

- - - Updated - - -

ok for anyone who is interested i found this information on the Pentax forums page...........

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-flashes-lighting-technique/91628-cactus-v4-pentax-flash-cold.html

looks like i need to mod the reciever

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser Film Street's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're getting on top of it there.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I have the V5 cactus triggers and have no issues at all. Not sure how different they are from the V4 but the couple of times I have had trigger issues is because I have accidentally bumped the channel setting. The V5 triggers are excellent value.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apparantley the V5's dont have the mentioned protection diode - so therefore dont suffer the same problem.