Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Uluru, Kings Canyon, Alice Springs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uluru, Kings Canyon, Alice Springs

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend any particular places as must see's or must shoots in the red centre?

We are heading to Uluru for a half Marathon this weekend, staying 2 nights, then driving
    to Kings Canyon for 3 nights, then driving to Alice for 3 nights.

Any suggestions as to what and where to shoot?

Thanks,
    Jason.
    7D, 350D and some glass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a start I would switch nights and have 3 at Uluru and 2 at Kings Canyon.
    I reckon a helicopter flight over Ayers Rock & out to the Olgas is great, plus do one at Kings Canyon. Try to get late afternoon flights for setting sun colours. The Sounds of Silence dinner at Uluru is fantastic and worth doing, great sunset pics plus atmosphere / dinner etc. If you are up to a walk or 2 do some at the Olgas and one around the Rock. Sunrise pics are good from the lookout / stop halfway between Ayers Rock and the Olgas. Sunset shoots great just out of town before Ayers Rock, also on a mound that can be accessed from the Caravan Park itself. Canyon rim walk at Kings Canyon is a bit strenuous but can do the valley walk only which still gives great photo opportunities. Sunset shots of Kings canyon are good from the Kings Canyon caravan park / hotel area.
    Mt Connor lookout is great and walk across the road here to climb the sand dune for views in the other direction.
    Alice Springs, get out to Stanley Chasm, Simpsons Gap and other stops along that road.
    If you are driving past Cooper Pedy you could spends days exploring around there - amazing place!!
    Search Flickr for pics from these areas and it will give you ideas as well.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thanks Russell!

There are 7 of us going, and the nights were decided as a group, so I can't change that
    unfortunately. We have a heli flight booked at Kings Canyon, and also dinner under the
    stars there as well.

We're flying in from Sydney, so no going via Coober Pedy this time.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I will jot those down at see what I can do.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Jason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Russel has pretty much covered it for you!! Have a great trip! I went to all these places and more on a 4x4 trip which included a Simpson desert crossing back in 2003 and it was all spectacular with amazing opportunities for photography.
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!