Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eGLOBAL Service

Ausphotography Regular Geoff Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eGLOBAL Service

Nothing but praize for the service I have received from eGLOBAL online.
    Ordered on the 17th, received way out in the scrub on the 20th.
    Last edited by Geoff Port; 22-07-2012 at 7:42am.
    EOS 60D and a couple of lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to reorder in a week... AP members have convinced me to
    D5000 Nikkor AF-S 28-300mm VR, Tamron 70-300mm, Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm VR, Marumi/Hoya Filters
    "There are times when words fall out of my mouth at the very same time they entered my head.. Apologies in advance for those times"
    "I don't get mad, I get better"

Sheree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see this thread.

I'm just about to place an order, everyone is happy with eGlobal????
    f o t o w o r x

People taking the time out to give me CC is always very much appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VERY. My latest purchase, a D7000 and Tokina 11-16mm arrived 3 days after I ordered. Best prices I could find anywhere!
    Cheers,
    Ian

All the 7's: D700, D7000, D70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just out of curiosity what sort of postage charges are being charged, just looking at a lens and prices on an Australian online store are only a shade dearer but depends on Eglobals postage as to which way I would go
    Canon 7D, Canon EF 24-105mm f4L, Canon 16-35mm f2.8L, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8
    Manfrotto 190XPROB + Vanguard Ball Head + Kenova fluid pan head
    Kirk Enterprises Low Pod + Manfrotto 410 Geared Head + Velbon Super Mag Slider
    GoPro Hero2
    Bags, Cases and lots of other bibs and bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishographer View Post
    Just out of curiosity what sort of postage charges are being charged, just looking at a lens and prices on an Australian online store are only a shade dearer but depends on Eglobals postage as to which way I would go
    Which Aussie online store is close to eGlobal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed - very positive experiences with eGlobal for me too. KimD and fishographer, if you're looking to compare, you can look up the postal charges on the eGlobal site. As an alternative, add an item to your shopping cart and let it work out your order cost when you select a freight method - there's no obligation to buy.
    Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishographer View Post
    Yeah, I'd be interested in what Aussie shop is close in pricing to eGlobal as well??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a question, do they charge surcharge for paypal or credit card purchases?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for Paypal which I use.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schy View Post
    Just a question, do they charge surcharge for paypal or credit card purchases?
    They shouldn't for credit card either. However your credit card provider may well charge for converting from AU$ to another currency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used eGlobal to purchase my 50mm 1.4 and saved $$$ and it was here within 4 days. This week I decided to purchase my father a camera for fathers day.
    I placed the order at the beginning of the week but hadn't received a shipping notification. I made an inquiry as to when it might be shipped explaining it was
    for a gift. There were delays in them being able to find out when it was shipped but eventually they got back and said it was ready to go.

The most amazing part is when I checked the shipping document, it had been upgraded to priority shipping and will be here tomorrow. I didn't complain, nor ask
    for faster shipping, this is something that they chose to do themselves. That's what I call caring about a customer!

The level of service from overseas companies has always been my reason for buying local. EGlobal dispelled my worries about buying from
    outside Australia, and got themselves a new customer. I would urge anyone who is after well priced gear and great customer service to give these
    guys a go.

Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by Presotto; 23-08-2012 at 7:58pm.
    I use Canon gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea if the price include the GST (for item >1000 AUD)? The description in their website is not really conclusive

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just the same as all other companies not based in Australia, taxes and import fees are not included. you would have to pay both gst and customs duty here in aus before collecting your package.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yesterday I tried my luck with purchasing from Eglobal (Canon 5DmarkIII) I registered and then continued to pay with my debit card through the PayPal option. I clicked the final button to confirm my purchase and then the screen disappeared!! I had not confirmation that the order went through? A few moments later I got an email from Eglobal that my purchase failed, but also checking my bank account at the same time my $2800 had been taken out!!! So I used there "Live Chat" to get some answers. I didn't have to wait long before I had someone helping me to find out what has happened? There answers were very short and direct and didn't really explain to me that everything was fine and a error had occurred. I persisted with asking the direct question "Have you received payment for my order?" After waiting for over 20mins!!! and no acknowledgment of my question while I assume they searched about my enquiry, they reply with - " Yes, we are processing your order we will email you and let you know progress". So now I sit here and hope and wait that my new camera appears in the mail and that my $2800 hasn't just been lost into cyber space?
    So my first experience so far with Eglobal hasn't been the best, but I do read other comments and still hold hope that everything will turn out ok in the end?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately (for AP), they just lost my purchase due to the messing around on the landline issue and I'm a PayPal Verified customer, so I took my business elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received D7000 + 17-50 tamron through DWI ("sister" company to eglobal) got it in 3 days. Have previously ordered lens also and was very happy with service. Saved at least $500 on the resent camera and lens purchase.

Very happy
    Danny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathy View Post
    Unfortunately (for AP), they just lost my purchase due to the messing around on the landline issue and I'm a PayPal Verified customer, so I took my business elsewhere
    Oh good god!!!!

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSP View Post
    Oh good god!!!!
    perhaps I should rephrase .....
    Due to my lack of a landline, I couldn't complete a purchase, so I bought my Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Lens from somewhere else. Don't worry JPS, I'm sure your order will be fine. BTW, you didn't say what you bought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eGlobal were great I had a delay due to OOS so I ordered some extras and they kept us informed the whole way through the process
    Last edited by mechawombat; 01-10-2012 at 10:04pm.
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast