23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better late than never? Canon mirror-less

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/20/c...possible-leak/

Leaked EOS M photo looks like Canon's long-awaited mirrorless camera
    By Sharif Sakr posted Jul 20th 2012 3:03AM

Leaked EOS M photo looks like Canon's longawaited mirrorless camera

At this point, after strong hints and even patents, a Canon mirrorless camera is all but certain. The only question is what it'll look like and how it'll compete with other Micro Four Thirds and APS-C shooters like the Olympus E-M5 and Samsung's NX range. The image above may at least help to answer the first part of that question, if it isn't a masterful photoshop. It was reportedly leaked by retail sites and captured by Digicame-info, and it appears to show an unknown model called the EOS M (shown in the top left corner) -- which does indeed look like a thin and lightweight mirrorless ILC. MirrorlessRumors also notes the presence of an entirely new mount: the EF-M -- which may mean that Canon is moving away from the inbetween sensor size it used in the G1 X and possibly towards full APS-C. An official announcement is expected on July 23rd, so we'll know plenty more then
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the info at Canonrumours

http://www.canonrumors.com/
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw DigitalRev post a link with the same picture on FB earlier today, either the real deal or an elaborate troll which has tricked the majority of the camera world.

I'm sure a canon mirrorless system is well on it's way and this could sure be it.
    Canon 60D - 24-105 F4 L - Sigma 10-20 - Kit lenses - 50mm F:1.8 - Tamron 90mm F:2.8 Macro - 430 exII _ Extension Tube Set

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An APS-C mirror less, that makes good sense over doing an already well catered for 4/3 market camera.

A good second camera option also for those with a DSLR mind set and spare lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great option for people who want a smaller Canon camera with interchangeable lenses. Over half the DSLRs are Canon, I wouldn't mind having a familiar/similar smaller camera rather than having to relearn a whole other system!
    Imagine if there was an EF/EF-S adapter with autofocus support! It's possible since it's the same manufacturer...
    Last edited by patrickv; 23-07-2012 at 3:07pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now on the Canon website - http://www.canon.com.au/About-Canon/...id=scfb1207035
    Initial specs look good. Dunno what IQ will be like.
    Flickr
    Call me Chris

Gear: Canon 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f4/L IS USM | Canon 430EX II Speedlite | Hoya Pro1 CPL | Velbon Tripod
    Canon EOS 500D | Canon 18-55mm IS (Kit Lens) | Canon 50-250mm IS (Kit Lens) | Marumi Super DHG CPL

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IQ should be as good as any current generation Canon APS-C camera so quite good. Nice size package with the 22mm f/2 giving an effective focal length of around 35mm - a nice compact walk-around camera with a lot of potential.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes!! With Canon entering the mix of CSCs, that's basically every major camera manufacturer in the mirrorless game. Let the price war begin.
    The 22mm f2 pancake's a nice touch and definitely not aimed at powershot users. Which hints at an enthusiast model (hopefuily not too far) down the line.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an adaptor for EF/EF-S Lenses, and all accessories such as speedlites will work with it!
    http://www.cnet.com.au/canon-eos-m-339340857.htm
    Last edited by tassam380; 23-07-2012 at 8:34pm.
    Canon 1D Mark II | Canon 60D (Gripped) | Canon 70-200 f/4L IS | Canon 24-105 f/4L IS | Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 | Tamron 18-270 PZD | Tamron 90mm Macro | 50mm F/1.8 | Canon 430 EX II | Fancier BH-04 | - www.samgraudins.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if you get full functionality of the speedlites on the EOS-M.
    On the G12 that I use to own, my 270 EXII's ttl function was crippled in camera manual mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also love to know speedlite compatibility. These compact APS cameras are a great second camera to have in the bag.
    www.chaosboi.com
    X-Pro2 - X100F - 16 f1.4 - 23 f1.4 - 35 f1.4 - 56 f1.2 - 50-140 f2.8

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would want strong fingers with a Speedlite 600EX-RT and 24-70L on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think integrating the mirrorless in the 'eos' range is a good marketing idea. The fact that you can use all EF/EF-S lenses - Brilliant. Would make much more sense whacking this on the spare lens in your bag instead of a lens cap.
    Over on DPReview they say that it is the same guts as the 650D without the pentaprism. Maybe the full range of speedlights will work in ETTL2 mode.
    The EOS M is part of the wider EOS system, which means its compatible with a wide range of existing accessories, including the Speedlite flash system and all of Canon's EF-mount SLR lenses. These have to be used via the new Mount adapter EF-EOS M, which retains full functionality in terms of autoexposure, autofocus and image stabilization.
    Last edited by Lantern; 25-07-2012 at 12:04pm. Reason: found more quotes
    See my work on