User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Need help with printing (photos that are cropped not printing correctly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with printing (photos that are cropped not printing correctly)

Hey Guys

I ordered some prints through snapfish the other day- and whilst that was great, and I was really happy with the quality, I forgot that a few of my photos are actually cropped and are not "standard sizes" - so the enlargements I ordered for these photos arrived horribly cropped.

I'm just wondering what the best way is of ensuring the whole photo gets printed? Do i have to resize it in photoshop? I use CS5.

This is the photo I wanted printed:

mg_9055.jpg
    Canon 6D, Canon 550D, Canon 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 100mm Macro f/2.8 IS USM, Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-5.6

www.imogenbrandrakers.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you select the crop tool you can click next to the tool at the top and choose an aspect ratio, then crop to get your photo cropped to the right dimensions.

crop.jpg
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're doing a non standard size you can also get it printed on the next size up, to match at least the longest dimension of your photo then trim it yourself.

Have never used snapfish, but didn't it have something like a viewing window or crop box to check your image fits the dimensions of the print size you selected ?

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    If you're doing a non standard size you can also get it printed on the next size up, to match at least the longest dimension of your photo then trim it yourself.
    You have to fit to what dimensions they print. Art's is a good suggestion.

FWIW since you have Canon, DPP is fairly easy to crop with (including custom crop). Go into Tools >Start trimming then select from drop down in Aspect ratio.

Capture.JPG
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.