User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good Camera/Photography Magazine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone recommend a good Camera/Photography Magazine?

Hi all,

Can anyone out there could recommend a good Photography / Camera Magazine to subscribe too. I am a keen amateur looking to, most importantly, learn but also keep up to speed with the new gadgets / lenses / gear and techniques in the world of photography.

I know of ‘Australian Photography’ and ‘Camera’……I am sure there are heaps of others.

Cheers, Jason.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id also like to know
    Jimmy!!!
    Nikon D3400 18-55mm kit lens AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f4-5.6G ED VR 2 tri-pods

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooooohhhhh here is my piece of string....... |___________________________________________________| hmmm how long is that?

It is a very difficult call because we all like different things. Let me give you an example. I like Better Photoshop Techniques. I was about to subscribe but then they changed the way they did things. I hated it and did not buy a copy for a year (it is a quarterly mag). I looked at it on the shelf but it did not grab me enough to buy it. Funny because I had bought every copy prior to that for the last 2 years. I bought the last copy because it interested me again. I wait in anticipation to see what the next edition will be - will I buy it or will it turn me off?

Hell, I don't know!! What I do know is if I had recommended it to you just before I stopped buying it I would be totally embarassed. I would have recommended something I no longer believed in.

Maybe something like dpreview may be of benefit, maybe, perhaps, maybe.....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If all you want to do is be a gearhead then dpreview is the place. Lot of discussion about gear. Whether those discussions are accurate or reflect actually using the gear is sometimes debatable as well.

OH and this site is here for learning how to use your camera and take better photos. It just needs you to join in and start posting some of your photos to get the feedback, assistance and advice.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a magazine fanatic!! Hubby hates it!!

I love Australian Photography, Capture, B&W (but not many of them, just the Special ones .... like the last was B&W + Color Special), GUP - which is Guide to Unique Photography. The last issue was the Mexico Issue and it is chock full of amazing images with a lot of it being Street.

I am the same about Better Photoshop Techniques...I will look at it on the stand and see if it applies to my stage of photography.

I just love looking and ready about photography!!
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the advice, appreciated.

OH....I hear your Rick....I look at the photos posted by others and am just not quite there / confident enough yet....but working towards it.

Cheers, Jas

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you join the AIPP as a subscriber you get Better Digital and Better Photography magazines
    http://www.aipp.com.au/AIPP/What_We_..._Benefits.aspx
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digital does sound like a good way to go.........but I do like the feel of print
    Thansk all for the advice.

Cheers, Jas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im a big fan of Rangefinder magazine from the US, great mixture of high end professional and amateur work - at a very high calibre of photo quality.

Australian Photography magazine Im not so much a fan of, I dont take them that seriously - compared to other photo mags I read anyway.

But my favourite - Nat Geo

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser Film Street's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    National Geographic and Monster Children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those with an iPad, Michael Freeman has a great magazine on the app store, 'PhotographersI', full of tutorials, interviews and great Freeman advise. well worth the look.
    www.chaosboi.com
    X-Pro2 - X100F - 16 f1.4 - 23 f1.4 - 35 f1.4 - 56 f1.2 - 50-140 f2.8