User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Best of the threads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best of the threads

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I had a thought!! and normally when that happens a lot of people have to hear about it I was thinking about what the Anonymous Critic said about the standard of photos being posted to the threads, and I thought why not have a photo a month (or whenever) chosen by the Critic as one deserving recognition and his/her reason why?? It doesn't have to be regular, but when a photo stands out, or is flagged by the mods as being outstanding, then it can be highlighted!! Like I said, just a thought, and it may help to get people involved in other genres and methods.. It may also help during comp time to aid members in scoring a photo of a genre that is not known to them.. I would like to know what others think
    D5000 Nikkor AF-S 28-300mm VR, Tamron 70-300mm, Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm VR, Marumi/Hoya Filters
    "There are times when words fall out of my mouth at the very same time they entered my head.. Apologies in advance for those times"
    "I don't get mad, I get better"

Sheree

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AC runs a large photography business and we are very lucky to have AC on the site at all. I don't want to ask AC to start doing more than is already being done as I have said that in no way should their contribution to us (for free) be at the expense of their own business and personal life. So bearing that in mind I am not willing to ask AC to do more at this time. I would rather AC contribute at a level they are happy with, by negotiation with me, than keep asking them to do more and push them to saying they cannot help at all anymore.

Every AP member needs to push themselves to provide better critique, if that is what they want from others. It is up to YOU, the members to push the boundaries of critiquing on the forums, as by doing so, you help each other. AC's role is to show you how, with their critique of the comp entries, to take your critiquing to the next level. So use their example and dive right in.

Help comes to those who help themselves.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, it would have to be balanced with a "worst of threads", so that I'd have a chance.
    And thereby hangs a Tale, so to speak.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    And, it would have to be balanced with a "worst of threads", so that I'd have a chance.
    And thereby hangs a Tale, so to speak.
    Oh Ameerat42!! Chin up, it can only get better!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Every thread on the site has a 'rating' option. If you are in a thread and think it deserves to be rated, you can do so using the "rate this thread' option at the top right of the first post in a thread. This offers 1-5 stars, and the number of stars a thread gets is averaged out and will appear in the 'new posts' list.

Members are free to 'rate' threads if they so wish to.
    Last edited by ricktas; 10-07-2012 at 7:41pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Every thread on the site has a 'rating' option. If you are in a thread and think it deserves to be rated, you can do so using the "rate this thread' option at the top right of the first post in a thread. This offers 1-5 stars, and the number of stars a thread gets is averaged out and will appear in the 'new posts' list.

Members are free to 'rate' threads if they so wish to.
    I will definitely start to use this option