Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon full frame or cropped?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arg View Post
    When I read this bit I realised you don't need an upgrade to your camera. In fact even with a 1Dx your photos will probably look much the same, except for the psychological factor (i.e. contextual bias: this is taken with a super camera so the file is sooo good).

My recommendation for your next spend is a photography workshop or 2 particularly in image conceptualisation and composition, and post processing of images.

Hope this helps
    While I agree with part of your sentiment, without having seen the OP's photo's it is a little difficult to determine if a new camera is justified or not. I am a bit of a techno geek (love having the latest toys), but understand that in photography it is more about how you use it, rather than what you are using. Having said that, if the photographer is keen on improving, then a top of the range camera will certainly not hurt your chances of getting a keeper. Then, when you do have a keeper, you can get the maximum enlargement from the image.

Sometimes having a new camera may inspire you to use it more, learn some new techniques and improve your skills as a photographer. Some people get tied up in their daily lives and need that inspiration occasionally (I am one of them). I am not a great photographer, but I AM getting better. Yes, having a good camera makes me feel more confident, because I know that if I get the basics right, I will get a nice image.

Having said that, I agree that things like photography workshops can be useful. I went on a Red Balloon photography workshop that taught me absolutely nothing about technique (the other participants hardly knew how to turn their cameras on, so they learnt more technically). What I did get out of the workshop was some inspiration. It forced me out of my comfort zone and made me try techniques that I had already learnt, but never put into action. Maybe a new 5DII (or 5DIII if you an afford it), a nice lens AND a photography workshop would be a good combination....? If the OP is quite skilled, then the workshop may be unnecessary.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi roastman, very nice post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12