User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never heard of Railroad Gin either, perhaps it was more of a cult following in a particular state. There were quite a few bands that had good local following, but never made it over the border.
    We have heaps of vinyl records still and we recently bought a record player (turntable) that plugs into your computer so that you can transfer the music to MP3 format, and you can change the settings to reduce the crackle and pop. Also bought a similar record player that burns CD's as you play the records. But once the CD has been finalised, it cannot be copied again, so you cant go mass producing them.
    Bought the CD one first and then the other one, and still haven't had time to go through any of the vinyl - Oh retirement ... where are you????

Who let the rabble in?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonNellie View Post
    I was just a wee young lass of 18 in 1974 but I don't remember the song or the album. I asked my hubby who is 3 yrs older than me and he doesn't recall it either. If we did know it, the dementia has obviously started to set in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aussie girl View Post
    I have never heard of Railroad Gin either, perhaps it was more of a cult following in a particular state. There were quite a few bands that had good local following, but never made it over the border.
    We have heaps of vinyl records still and we recently bought a record player (turntable) that plugs into your computer so that you can transfer the music to MP3 format, and you can change the settings to reduce the crackle and pop. Also bought a similar record player that burns CD's as you play the records. But once the CD has been finalised, it cannot be copied again, so you cant go mass producing them.
    Bought the CD one first and then the other one, and still haven't had time to go through any of the vinyl - Oh retirement ... where are you????
    Thanks for the info. I have often toyed with the idea of getting a device to convert my records to digital via computer. Sigh, one day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly do remember the band and the song - bought the 45 and played it over and over. Around this time I was also starting to get int Sci-Fi and was reading a compilation of Sci-Fi short stories entitled the Hugo Winners and there was a short story called NightWings by Robert Silverberg that, in my mind, will always be linked to Matter Of Time - both classics.
    5D MkII Gripped | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro | Extender 2x II | 580EX II & 430EX II Speedlites
    Wanted: The list is long.......so very long........(sighs)
    Oldies but still goodies: AE-1+Program | FD 28mm f/2.8 | FD 50mm f/1.4 | FD 70-210 f/4

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi lance, i also remember both band and song and that is going back a few years, where is my walking stick? ian(aka pappa smurf)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post

A popular song of their's from the album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G9UUIgCQqQ
    Hmmm...Can't say that I have heard of them either....and I thought I was pretty good on early Aussie artists...
    But in my defence, I was living overseas during the first half of the 70s (Well, 71-76 anyway) and anyway IMO there was very little decent music made after 1969 and most of what was made was done by artists of the 60s.
    However, having listened to that track, they were quite good and they remind me of an obscure group from the west coast of the US called 'It's a Beautiful Day' best known for their song 'White Bird':
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cin0QzuEss

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post

This one will test your age, Sad ending to this guy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvuO0...eature=related
    Ahhh....Now this I do remember!
    Canon 550D/7D - Canon 24mm IS USM - Sigma 10-20mm - Canon 15-85 IS USM - Sigma 28-300mm | RS60E3 cable remote | B&W ND110, Hoya CPL, ND2, ND8, Cokin P series H250A GND 'kit' | An embarrassingly cheap SLIK tripod.
    Software: PS CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't say I had heard of Railroad Gin either but I will certainly have a listen to them on YouTube seeing that so many of you have good memories of them.

My favorite "old Time" group was "Little Anthony & the Imperials", a northern soul group who produced many recognizable hits (ie:- Tears on my pillow) and were one of the reasons I like Soul music.

I'm sure you will like them : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLkd7sD9dzo

Well did you?
    Cheers
    Darey

Nikon user, Thick skinned and wanting to improve, genuine C & C welcomed.

Photographs don't lie ! - Anonymous Liar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12