User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: PS Question (Hope this is the right place)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS Question (Hope this is the right place)

Was trying to add a Frame via the Ctrl A - Ctry and Shift + j - Ctrl and Alt + C method and it brings up a canvas size screen. (This is the only method I know to do for Framing)

Any ideas, and my brush to watermark has stopped working, will show when i select Alt + B but wont watermark?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

PS.jpg
    Last edited by Roosta; 02-07-2012 at 1:23am.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What I do.

Firstly find out the pixel dimension of my photo and then decide how many more pixels bigger I want my canvas to be. So say my photo is 2000h x 1000w. I want to add a 50pixel border all the way round. I then know I want to increase my canvas to 2100h x 1100w. I change the setting from CM to pixels, and then type in those two numbers into the relevant boxes. I then pick a canvas colour, by clicking in the box next to the 'canvas extension colour'. All done, click OK

I tend to work in pixels dimensions rather than cm's right across PS.

Re watermark. Is your caps-lock on? Are you trying to put it onto a layer. Some layer types will not allow it. Does it happen on all photos? Does closing and re-opening PS fix it? Does shutting your computer down and restarting, fix it? There could be a heap of causes and without knowing exactly what is happening, it would be hard to give you the solution.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use the crop tool to select the whole picture, then drag the corners out to where I want the border, then set the BG colour to what I want. Quick and simple.
    Keith.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    What I do.

Firstly find out the pixel dimension of my photo and then decide how many more pixels bigger I want my canvas to be. So say my photo is 2000h x 1000w. I want to add a 50pixel border all the way round. I then know I want to increase my canvas to 2100h x 1100w. I change the setting from CM to pixels, and then type in those two numbers into the relevant boxes. I then pick a canvas colour, by clicking in the box next to the 'canvas extension colour'. All done, click OK

I tend to work in pixels dimensions rather than cm's right across PS.

Re watermark. Is your caps-lock on? Are you trying to put it onto a layer. Some layer types will not allow it. Does it happen on all photos? Does closing and re-opening PS fix it? Does shutting your computer down and restarting, fix it? There could be a heap of causes and without knowing exactly what is happening, it would be hard to give you the solution.
    Cheers Rick, will give your framing suggestion ago, have had weird things happen since LR3 crashed the other week, this weekend was the first real play in PS.
    Did try all the suggestions with watermark issue, still wont work, no caps, have re-started both PS and laptop, layering is still a weak spot for me, I did notice tho, that there is a locked padlock on the frame, not seen that before, maybe I need to do something with it?

Thanks for the advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I just use the crop tool to select the whole picture, then drag the corners out to where I want the border, then set the BG colour to what I want. Quick and simple.
    Keith.
    Not sure I follow you Keith, if I use the crop tool, that will crop the image wont it? How do you select the BG colour once you've moved you crop around?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the crop tool to select the whole image then let the mouse button go you will see a small square at each corner, mouse over that till the curser changes to an arrow then holding the mouse button drag the frame outside the picture to give you a border twice the size you want, To get an even border on all sides select (No Restriction) in the crop tools, then using the arrow buttons on your keyboard toggle the border to where you want. It is better to select the BG colour before you make the frame unless it is a totally contrasting frame (dark photo with a light border) then you can select the paint bucket tool and change the colour that way.
    Keith.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hay Rick,

Sorry, haven't been on for a while, but worked out your method on the frame and sorted the brush watermark, thanks for your help..

Cheers,