As some of you know, one of my beloved D300's suffered a life ending injury a couple of weeks ago R.I.P

I am looking to replace it as I am way to used to having 2 bodies and hate changing lenses all the time.

I am considering 2 options that are in my budget. Find myself another nice 2nd hand D300 around the 650-$700 mark, OR drop a few bucks more and get myself a grey import D7000. Eglobal has a fantastic deal on until 9th July for $859 delivered.

I like shooting everything as you can see by my lenses. Landscapes, animals, people, sports, macro, you name it, I like it. I love the AF, tank like build, customisability and bang for buck of the 300 which is what persuaded me to buy 2 initially. What is making the 7000 come into contention is 1, the price 2, newer technology 3,the better low ISO, 4, it's new so I know it's history, 5, the price!

Now I know the AF on the 7000 is not up to the 300, but here's my thinking. I will mainly use my longer lenses, 70-200 & 150-500 Siggy's on the 300 for anything that moves quickly and requires the better AF. My wider lenses, Tammy 17-50, Tammy 90 Macro, nifty 35 and Toky 11-16 will live mainly on the 7000 as most things I shoot with these don't need quick AF and will benefit from the higher IQ.

So where's the question I hear you say. I guess I'd just like you APers valued opinion on what you'd do if you were in my situation. Stick with the known and loved 300 or go out on the limb and drop for the 7000.

Any input is greatly appreciated,
Epoc