User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Wireless Elinchrom D-Lite 4 Triggering help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wireless Elinchrom D-Lite 4 Triggering help

I have 3 Elinchrom D-lite 4 lights. I currently only use 2 of them and have the third as a backup incase one breaks. I have a cable that goes from my camera to one light and the second light slaves from the first. I want to be able to trigger the lights without the cable or slaving (ie. wirelessly) as I have already had one cable stop working on me and im onto my second. Only thing is I don't know how to do set up something like that. I also don't know if the lights have wireless built in or if you get some sort of a radio/wireless receiver that plugs into the jack on the back of the light. Does anyone know anything about the Elinchrom D-lite 4 lights and if you can get a product that will allow me to remotely trigger the lights? would a skyport work?

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check if the Elinchrom Skyport system is compatible, it is wireless and works very well. I have the Ranger RX Speed AS, and trigger it using Pocket Wizards, which would also be an option for you if you have the little 3.5mm plug cable or whatever socket is on the back of the lights. I went with PW over Skyports as it will allow a much higher sync speed, and has much longer range as well as allows mixing with my Nikon speedlights.

I always carry the sync cable in case of emergency only, but despise shooting with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the D-Lite 4 system and depending on the location I trigger them with either my Pocket Wizards or Phottix Atlas units instead of the Skyport unit which was supplied with the system.
    The Phottix Atlas, are/were half the cost of the Pocket Wizard they also come with the sync cables required to connect the triggers to the D-Lite head.
    You will need one trigger for each D-Lite and one for the camera.
    The Sekonic L-358 light meter also works with these units...

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your responses, I discovered that I can use my speedlight to help me out until i can afford a remote trigger. I also found triggers called radio poppers which are much much cheaper than the other ones.