User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Lightroom help needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightroom help needed

I have Lightroom 3.6 and all of a sudden I cannot crop a Pano!!! It doesn't matter what setting I adjust, it crops all sides whether I like it or not All I want to be able to do again is take a bit off the top and bottom without losing anything from the sides.. All help on this much appreciated

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the crop tool, there are several options.

Aspect
    Original
    Angle
    Constrain to Wrap

Have a look at the ORIGINAL drop down menu. This menu let you set crop ratio's and lock them. You may have inadvertently selected an option here that has locked your aspect ratio.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy fix Z, On the R/H panel up the top there is a "Lock" symbol, You must have locked it , Locked keeps the original ratio while cropping , Just click on it to "Unlock" then you can crop any side at will , If you cant see it let me know and I'll post a screen shot

Ricks quicker of the mark than me , But at least we both came to the same conclusion
    Last edited by William; 29-06-2012 at 12:58pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Easy fix Z, On the R/H panel up the top there is a "Lock" symbol, You must have locked it , Locked keeps the original ratio while cropping , Just click on it to "Unlock" then you can crop any side at will , If you cant see it let me know and I'll post a screen shot

Ricks quicker of the mark than me , But at least we both came to the same conclusion
    It worked!! It has been driving me to despair Thanks so much, I feel like a real tool now